some one help please!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkBeardie216

i have a year and a half old male dragon his name is marro and hes my life. i got him when he was only 3 weeks old along with his sister who suddenly died when she was only 7 months (RIP Saphira) since then marro has been my number 1 and id do anythin for him. im lucky enough to work at a vets office as an assitant but theres only one doctor there that only know a tiny bit about dragons nd yes she is alot of help but i was wonderin if some more experienced owners might have some ideas for me? marros been havin diarrhea for a couple of months now nd hes currently on albon (for parasites) nd metronidazole ( for diarrhea nd anti-inflammatory) the diarrhea has completly gone away but its not as bad but now he wont potty unless u help him when i give him his baths. nd the calicum (the white pieces in the poop are hard as rocks) his cage is 45 gal nd one side is between 90 nd 100 while the other side is 70 to 80. hes not eatin well either.... im worried sick!! someone please help!!

thnks again tracie....
ill have to try to get him drinkin more...hes picky and only drinks movin water but hes rele good with takin meds nd things orally.(thnk god)! hes also picky about his veggies he will only eat the things hes only sopose to have once in a while! does anyone have any ideas for that? also i have 3 temp gauges around his tank. hes also on 3 different supplement. (calcium 2x weekly; vitamin which has d,e,k,beta nd a couple different things once weekly; nd mineral formula) any suggestions r always welcomed

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, since he has been on meds, it is most likely he is very dehydrated if his urates are THAT hard. I highly suggest getting at least 2-4 ml's of oral fluids into him daily.
Does he eat vegetation a regular basis?
What are you taking the temps with in your tank, a stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom