So Much For Summertime Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually take Emmalee out in the summer to her outdoor viv in my backyard, and she enjoy it back there. She is not worries about anything, and has never "freaked out", while outside with me at all. In fact, she usually goes on walks with me, and sit on my shoulder and is content as can be. So....

it was a gorgeous summer day, and I thought, hmm, I think I will take Emmalee to the beach with me. I made her a harness that morning so that she could run around while I read a book and just relaxed and soaked up some sun. A 25 minute walk to the beach and we settled in, or at least I did...

Emmalee froze :silent: stood absolutely still, didn't blink, didn't move her head, literally froze. I tried to coax her by putting her on my lap, but she would not budge out of her stupor. I packed fresh veggies for her, she did not step near them or even look in that direction, after all the petting, talking, coaxing, it was no good. She just continued to be a dark as ever, frozen, and breathing super fast, she was terrified. After 2 hours, I decided to go home.

We get home and I put her in her outdoor viv with her beach veggies....

she starts running around her outdoor viv, lightened up, was breathing at a normal rate, and ate her veggies....

so much for summertime fun. Silly Emmy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom