So cute

So we have Toothless in a 40 gallon so he's got a decent amount of space. I had ordered a hammock for him bit got the wrong size, it was huge and the way they folded it for shipping, it just wouldn't work. Well, last night, we took out his driftwood piece and made a ramp out of those little wooden garden stability sticks and found a way to put his hammock in the corner. I didn't think he'd like it at first. (He usually sleeps on top of the cricket hotel in the corner of the cool side of his tank. He loves sprawling out on it) but he crawled into his hammock last night and went to bed.

But, he was up against the edge that was against the glass. He had his little feet curled around the edge and his snout pressed against the glass. It was adorable. But he started to slip after awhile so I had to move him over. As soon as he woke up, he must've realized my hand was warm because when I went to put him back down, he turned in my hand and hugged himself to my hand, little feet and legs wrapped around my hand as much as he could. It was adorable. So I picked him up with the other hand and went to set him down and he did it again. It was do damn cute, I felt bad for making him get down.

Attachments

• 20220921_223349.jpg
    20220921_223349.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220922_032052.jpg
    20220922_032052.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220922_032138.jpg
    20220922_032138.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 69

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That made me smile, they know EXACTLY how to reel us in lol.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lol my girlfriend complaints that i pay more attention to mine than i do her also.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Lol my girlfriend complaints that i pay more attention to mine than i do her also.
They just don't understand. 😅

Is it normal for them to lay their heads down while basking.? He's been eating normal, acting normal, pooping normal, but has laid his head down, like he's gonna take a nap, a few times today.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I see mine do that once in a while to.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
That’s so cute! Cookie does that, but only to get food from me! They have us wrapped around their tiny little claws!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Its hard to tell a beardie no once it's set its mind to something lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Its hard to tell a beardie no once it's set its mind to something lol.
It really is, I feel bad so easily with Toothless. Lol.

I put him on my chest and went to the living room, and the living room still kinda scares him, from the vents and stuff on the ceiling to the lights typically being on because we have big windows to allow a lot of sunlight in and he crawled up under my chin to do a little wiggle against me and when I put my hand up near him to just make sure he wouldn't make a leap of faith, he wiggled under it to hide. It was sad but so darn cute

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yup, the wiggle is what gets us lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom