Small tail lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen29

My bearded dragon has a small lump on its tail and I'm not too worried because it's pretty small but better safe than sorry because I am very new to this.
hBljR2M.jpg

HfZsIvh.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I hate to say this but it looks like he has MBE. Metabolic bone disease. He looks very dark. What kinds of lights are you using?

Seen29

Original Poster
Im not really sure, is there a type you suggest as well as what should I do to treat it?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Well you definitely need a uvb light. a REPTISUN 10.0 T5 tube is what you need along with a bright white basking light. I use halogen flood bulbs. How big is the enclosure? If you can post a picture of his enclosure that would help and a picture of the lights. Unfortunately mbd is not curable. You can with proper care keep it in check. Also besides the uvb he needs calcium his feeders should be dusted at least 3x a week.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yep unless that bulb is a mvb those put off heat and uvb which I'm thinking its not. That's how he developed Mbd. You need to get the reptisun 10.0 Tube t5 ASAP. If you look to the right there are care sheets on lighting. Hopefully you can get the bulb and calcium so he won't be come worse. That's why he's so dark to not only will he perk up once you get the uvb his co!ors and appetite will also imrove.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Also - looks like you have some kind of woodchips or gravely sand in there .... VERY BAD FOR BEARDIES ....recommend you remove the current bedding urgently and replace with either
>> paper toweling
or
>> loosely laid floor or wall tiles

Also - looks like you are only using one of those hopelessly inaccurate analog dial type thermometers to get temperatures , recommend you throw it in the rubbish bin and replace it with something similar to
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aquarium-LCD-Electronic-Digital-Thermometer-Fish-Tank-Water-Detector-Practica-BU/252762165947?_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D6ac464a2a1b24339be32c744b2ff5cf9%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D201577608563
and to get the surface temperatures these are very good IF USED PROPERLY
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GM550-Non-Contact-LCD-IR-Laser-Infrared-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer-Gun-/282335550160?hash=item41bc829ad0:g

He's likely dark because he's not warm enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom