Small Bugs in Enclosure

FrankLepore

Hey guys! New to the boards, but had a little bit of an issue today, so I figured I would see if anyone had any insight.

Today we saw some extremely small "bugs" in our bearded dragon's enclosure. We're not really sure what they are or if we should be worried. We saw them both in the food bowl, as well as crawling on the rear glass of the tank.

I'll attach some pictures and videos, although due to their small size, it's hard to adequately capture them; do you have any idea what these might be? Their bodies seemed too small (not round enough) to be mites, but I honestly have no idea. In some of the videos you can even see them crawling over some mealworms. I haven't observed any of these bugs on our beardy yet, and I looked very closely today.

Our current enclosure is bioactive, and has The Bio Dude's Sahara substrate. We feed Freddy primarily mealworms and dubia roaches in a small ceramic bowl.

Here's also a link to a YouTube playlist of videos I took: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg6xT6v31c2-sUjnQvrOX9xWQbuLHnioV

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Photo Sep 16, 1 27 11 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 16, 1 27 11 PM.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo Sep 16, 1 28 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 16, 1 28 35 PM.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo Sep 16, 1 28 43 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 16, 1 28 43 PM.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Video Sep 16, 1 21 20 PM.mov
    8.1 MB
  • Video Sep 16, 1 27 14 PM.mov
    4.7 MB

Echoing

Beardie name(s)
Echo
Hey guys! New to the boards, but had a little bit of an issue today, so I figured I would see if anyone had any insight.

Today we saw some extremely small "bugs" in our bearded dragon's enclosure. We're not really sure what they are or if we should be worried. We saw them both in the food bowl, as well as crawling on the rear glass of the tank.

I'll attach some pictures and videos, although due to their small size, it's hard to adequately capture them; do you have any idea what these might be? Their bodies seemed too small (not round enough) to be mites, but I honestly have no idea. In some of the videos you can even see them crawling over some mealworms. I haven't observed any of these bugs on our beardy yet, and I looked very closely today.

Our current enclosure is bioactive, and has The Bio Dude's Sahara substrate. We feed Freddy primarily mealworms and dubia roaches in a small ceramic bowl.

Here's also a link to a YouTube playlist of videos I took: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg6xT6v31c2-sUjnQvrOX9xWQbuLHnioV

Thanks in advance for any help!
They almost look like spiders but I can't identify these. Have you removed them from the enclosure?

FrankLepore

Original Poster
They almost look like spiders but I can't identify these. Have you removed them from the enclosure?
Not yet, and they definitely do resemble spiders. We were waiting to see if anyone had any insight before we removed them, as we didn't know if they were harmful, or even beneficial, being a bioactive tank.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom