Sleepy time almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Saphira is going to be taking his nap soon I think. It's his first one :( Some one told me I should shut off his UVB light and hear lamp and get a ceramic heater? Is this a good idea? I mean he still needs UVB doesn't he? Help me. I dunno.

Savora

Hatchling Member
Beardies only need about 12-14 hours of UVB to keep healthy. Also, they don't need any visible (white, red, or otherwise) light when they sleep--in fact, it might make it harder for them to sleep! You can get a CHE if your house temperature drops below 65 degrees at night, but otherwise the beardie will do fine sleeping without one.

Personally, I bought a $10 electrical outlet timer to turn my beardie's lights on and off from 8am to 9pm, so that I don't have to worry about it during my day. They can be bought off of Amazon or at Walmart. It's seriously one of the most convenient purchases I've made!

Good luck with your beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom