Sleepy beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hi everyone! Soooooo Mango is a year old and shes been pretty sleepy lately her temps are 95 on the hot side and 83 on the cool side. She has a 100-watt basking bulb and a 10.0 coil zoo med UVB bulb well both the bulbs are zoo med brands sorry. she is temporarily in a 40 gallon we have her 120 gallon ready to go but her UVB tube hasn't been shipped yet. anyways every day she's been waking up in her hammock where the temps are 95 and then after she eats she just goes on her small rock where the temp is 82 and starts to nod off this has been happening for about a week now. if you need any pics of her or her tank or anything like that ill be more than happy to send them:)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! Soooooo Mango is a year old and shes been pretty sleepy lately her temps are 95 on the hot side and 83 on the cool side. She has a 100-watt basking bulb and a 10.0 coil zoo med UVB bulb well both the bulbs are zoo med brands sorry. she is temporarily in a 40 gallon we have her 120 gallon ready to go but her UVB tube hasn't been shipped yet. anyways every day she's been waking up in her hammock where the temps are 95 and then after she eats she just goes on her small rock where the temp is 82 and starts to nod off this has been happening for about a week now. if you need any pics of her or her tank or anything like that ill be more than happy to send them:)
The coil is a problem- your dragon is getting no uvb- please replace the coil w/ a 24" Zoo Med fixture it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a backup but you need a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 or get a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- please do this ASAP-- when you get the uvb please post on here and I will help you get it set for your tank the screen will determine where the uvb will go- check out www.pangeareptiles.com

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
The coil is a problem- your dragon is getting no uvb- please replace the coil w/ a 24" Zoo Med fixture it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a backup but you need a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 or get a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- please do this ASAP-- when you get the uvb please post on here and I will help you get it set for your tank the screen will determine where the uvb will go- check out www.pangeareptiles.com
YES I KNOWWWWWW it said it was going to come two weeks ago but it hasnt

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
but that still doesn't explain why shes so sleepy why would she go in a place that has less uvb if she knows and feels shes lacking it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
but that still doesn't explain why shes so sleepy why would she go in a place that has less uvb if she knows and feels shes lacking it?
She's getting sick w/ no uvb- your better off shutting it off - if you live in a place where it's warm / hot get her outside for some good uvb temps need to be 65 or warmer direct sunlight in a plastic tote for 15 minutes but you must supervise her- do this everyday till the uvb comes

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
She's getting sick w/ no uvb- your better off shutting it off - if you live in a place where it's warm / hot get her outside for some good uvb temps need to be 65 or warmer direct sunlight in a plastic tote for 15 minutes but you must supervise her- do this everyday till the uvb comes
mk will do

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
and also shes good now her poo was just a little backed up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok try this website
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 you want the 10.0 bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one and its sold out on this site go figure
this place is fast they ship fed ex and the shipping is reasonable

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
ok try this website
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 you want the 10.0 bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one and its sold out on this site go figure
this place is fast they ship fed ex and the shipping is reasonable
I’ll try the first link Tysm😁

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
How long is your 40 gallon tank? When it comes to UV lighting actual dimensions are more important than the volume of your enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom