Siren looks like crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmatt

Poor Siren. She looks terrible. She is so dark.

Does anyone else's females really darken up when they are gravid?

She is generally a bright yellow especially around her face and eyes. Now she is usually really dark except when she takes her daily bath. Bath time really cheers her up I guess.

We are expecting her eggs within the next 2 weeks.

Dmatt

Original Poster
She is around 2 yrs old. I give her a warm bath every night when I get home from work. On the weekend she gets 2 one in the morning and one at night.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Just wondering do you have her housed with the male? maybe she is stressed because of him and she has no chance to lay?
Just a thought

Dmatt

Original Poster
No no, she has her own 75 gallon palace complete with custom made rock structures. LOL My dragons are so spoiled.

She eats like a pig too. Phoenix worms, crix, dubias, and greens. She seems fine, she is just so dark.

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
My Sunny bearded constantly during her last two weeks of being gravid. When I saw the volume of the eggs that came out of her belly, I saw why. Just make sure she's warm enough, and that she keeps getting her baths and food. It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job with her. I guess egg-laying is just a stressful process for everyone involved. Good luck!

Dmatt

Original Poster
I'm sorry to hear about Sunny's eggs molding. What a bummer.

Thanks for letting me know she bearded alot during the last couple weeks.

She looks better today. She had 2 baths today. This is her first clutch so she is probably a little stressed

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Dmatt":af460 said:
I'm sorry to hear about Sunny's eggs molding. What a bummer.

Thanks for letting me know she bearded alot during the last couple weeks.

She looks better today. She had 2 baths today. This is her first clutch so she is probably a little stressed

Thanks. I feel pretty terrible right now about Sunny's eggs. My boyfriend's response to the eggs molding was something along the lines of "They probably wouldn't have survived in the wild anyway, and you prepared for this, so it isn't logical to be upset". Seriously, I didn't sign up for a relationship with a logic-robot.

Though lots of people may not understand, it's hard not to get so attached to your Beardies and sympathize with them whenever something goes wrong or when you can tell that they're uncomfortable. It sounds like you're taking fantastic care of Siren, though, and I'm sure she appreciates it somewhere in her little lizard head. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep us all posted.

Enjoy your weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom