Single scale shed, plus possible stuck shed on ankles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightRaysMoon

Original Poster
There are a bunch of scales with clear-ish-white shed flakes over top of them. These are commonly found on Kazoku’s belly and beard, they only cover a single scale, it’s not a full shed that includes the skin below. What is this shed? Is it a sub body growth that takes less resources, dedicated scale growth, or damaged scale “scabbing”?
Kazoku (my beardie) has yellow, dry yet laminated/wax scales on both of is back ankles, and a toe. I usually assist in removing shed on his feet to keep him safe and because I like picking things (special needs habit). I managed to remove one stuck shed from a scale on his ankles but nothing more, they seem callus like. What do I do to treat it? How do I remove this troublesome shed?

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I’m not sure exactly why this happens my dragon will sometimes have a single spike on his side that retains the shed and eventually it will come off with some gently pulling/lifting it off? I’m sure you’ve tried to soak him does that moisten it up enough to loosen it up then maybe use a warm wash cloth and gently rub it. Sorry I don’t know exactly what it is but my guy will have similar stuff happen. But he’s an old fart now and hasn’t shed for a long time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom