Silver Sulfa Cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my girl got a sore on her arm that got infected. Started as a big lump and then busted open into a gaping hole. Took her to the vet and was advised to pour peroxide into it and then the Silver Sulfa they prescribed. So overnight it it scabbed over and there's no way to get in into the wound anymore. I was told not to put a gauze over it and the the air hit in which made sense when it was open but now since it's closed it's basically a topical treatment. She won't be still and it just basically rubs off and she gets it everywhere in her enclosure. I guess what I'm trying to say here is does anyone have experience with the cream or does anyone have any suggestions? I want her to get better but it's not going to work if she just rubs it off.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a picture of it ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Are you putting the cream on lightly ? There shouldn't be so much that it is visibly smeared in the enclosure. Just a light dab applied with a Q-tip or tissue. You can use raw honey as well.

BeArDi3lOv3r4LiF3

Original Poster
86837-2313913396.jpg
I'm not putting it on in gobs but I apply enough to cover the area. I'm not seeing it visibly smeared but since she is steady moving about and walking I know it's being rubbed off. The wound is on heel so it makes contact everytime she walks. It's in a really bad place to hear right. It would be like the equivalent of me getting a cut right on my knuckle that constantly bends.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I see, that looks like it needs to be lanced or something. Did the vet prescribe antibiotics ? BTW, do you know how this happened ?

BeArDi3lOv3r4LiF3

Original Poster
AHBD":3airzvyp said:
I see, that looks like it needs to be lanced or something. Did the vet prescribe antibiotics ? BTW, do you know how this happened ?

No idea how it actually happened. The vet thinks she may have been bitten by a cricket or possibly her flooring is too hard. I have her on laminate. Had her on sand originally and found out that's a no no so she's been on laminate for around 3 years as it's easy to clean. All the vet prescribed was the silver sulfa and told me that if it doesn't get any better to bring her back. Never talked about lancing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of the entire enclosure ? Also, can you find another vet that specializes in reptiles ? It might need to be lanced/drained and the wrapped after applying the silver cream , changing the gauze every couple of days. There's no way to keep it clean and from contact with the floor unless it's wrapped.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon's hand looking? It does look like it could have been caused by a
bite possibly. If the silver cream isn't working, definitely try the raw, unpasteurized honey
for awhile, it is very effective.
Does it seem to be hurting her or bothering her?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom