Sick Beardie

Petgirly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Elliot
Thank you for your help. I have been adding calcium powder in with the liquid diet. I can also give more fluids.

Petgirly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Elliot
Hello,

Poor guy, that is terrible he has had to go through all of this already, at such a young age.
You are positive he is male but not female? It is late here so I will look at the x-rays again tomorrow
but did but it almost looks like the visible outlines of possible eggs. If not, then it is something else,
they mentioned fluid or something else. The calcium is a little high which can occur with some tumors
but most of the time it indicates egg production.
The Uric acid & AST look to be in range.
Has he lost any weight recently or been maintaining?
Continue with daily fluids right now. He is not on any medications right now, correct?
If you can afford it, you could consider an ultrasound to see if they can try to pinpoint anything else.
I'll write more on Monday when I get a chance.

Tracie
My bearded is still the same, no better but no worse. Quick question, if she was egg bound would I see her straining to pass at all? I have seen no straining and it was just a question I thought of. Still not convinced egg bound vs growth just with history of Gi issues and foot thing….. Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements? Is she still alert I hope?
I am hoping she is able to lay, if she is going to. Be sure to give calcium 4-5
times per week.
Is her beard normal color or has it started to turn dark?

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

Petgirly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Elliot
Hi there, she is still doing the same. Other than her belly being bloated and not eating she is behaving completely normal! Still active and willing to run around. Her beard is not black and normal in colour. I am continuing to give her calcium. Would you think if she was trying to pass eggs she would be straining at all? I haven’t seen this at all but Wondered. I’m still suspicious that it may be something else other than eggs…… thank you

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom