Sick beardie wants to brumate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenngib

First, a little history...
About 3 months Puff lost all intrest in food and lost a lot of weight. I took him to the vet and found out he had parasites. After I went through all his meds he still had no interest in food. For the past 3 months he's been eating baby food and I've been smashing up crickets for him 3 times a day (going home on my lunch breaks so he doesn't miss a meal). He's gained some weight but his legs, tail and hips are still to thin. I don't mind feeding him by hand or even missing my lunch to make sure my baby eats.

Now the new problem...
Puff has been wanting to brumate and I don't feel comfortable letting him yet. He's been sleeping all day and it's getting harder and harder to get him to eat. I've been waking him up to feed him then putting him in his basking spot. He stays there for about an hour and a half then goes right back to his sleeping spot. Should I let him brumate? Any suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom