Hey! I’m totally new to having a beardie, not that I’m completely clueless about them or anything. I have owned reptiles on the past but I got a dragon for Christmas this year. I live in Idaho and it get super warm in the summer, and I know that I could take my dragon outside every once in a while. Im concerned, however, about letting him run around in the grass. As far as I know- and I could be wrong- public parks use pesticides, and my backyard isn’t a super safe place for him. Should I be worried that the pesticides will hurt Beo (my dragon)? People say they take their bearded dragons out in the parks all the time but in worried that it might not be safe for them. Does anyone let their dragon hang out in public park grass? Is it okay for them? Any comments or answers are welcome- thanks so much guys!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A public park should be fine, most don't excessively use pesticides because they are people and animal friendly. They would have to actually close the park down to widely spray the toxic stuff and/or warn the public afterwards. If you go to a park just watch out for dogs more than anything and that your beardie can't run off in to a wooded area. Do you have a yard to take your b.d. out ?

Last edited:

New_to_this!

Original Poster
A public park should be fine, most don't excessively use pesticides because they are people and animal friendly. They would have to actually close the park down to widely spray the toxic stuff and/or warn the public afterwards. If you go to a park just watch out for dogs more than anything and that your beardie can't run off in to a wooded area. Do you have a yard to take your b.d. out ?

Okay thank you so much. I do have a back yard but at the moment we still need to add in grass, we also have a fence that he could escape out of very easily. Hawks are also always flying around above us. Hopefully we can fox some of those factors soon but until then I will be using a park! Thanks so much!

Beardie name(s)
Fire
Either way, I would use a leash and harness.
I take my beardie Fire outside with a leash in the summer, and he doesn't mind it.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Either way, I would use a leash and harness.
I take my beardie Fire outside with a leash in the summer, and he doesn't mind it.
Could you show a photo of your harness?
Summer is coming soon and I want my dragon to be outside often. He's never been outside before, so I'm worried about him and don't want him to be uncomfortable. Because it will be the first time, then I'm afraid take him without a harness, I don't know how he will react. He is a very fast guy!

New_to_this!

Original Poster
Could you show a photo of your harness?
Summer is coming soon and I want my dragon to be outside often. He's never been outside before, so I'm worried about him and don't want him to be uncomfortable. Because it will be the first time, then I'm afraid take him without a harness, I don't know how he will react. He is a very fast guy!
Same!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They can run 10ish m.p.h. good luck catching a runner lol(i do good to run .000001 m.p.h. lol)
The most comfortable harnesses I've found are just a leather oval with two holes for their front legs, and a nylon leash with a cinch above thier backs. I'll see if i can find a link.

New_to_this!

Original Poster
They can run 10ish m.p.h. good luck catching a runner lol(i do good to run .000001 m.p.h. lol)
The most comfortable harnesses I've found are just a leather oval with two holes for their front legs, and a nylon leash with a cinch above thier backs. I'll see if i can find a link.
Thanks so much!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you have a local reptile store they may carry them also

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Maybe someone will like another idea.
Recently our guy got his own "camping tent" as a gift.
This is a bag that can be transformed to the mini camping tent when we get to the resting place.
PS: For sizing purposes - Foxy is currently 19" long.

UPDATE: could not find a link to it, I bought it in our local pet store
but there is something similar on ali CenKinfo Carrier For Cat Pet
and Amazon

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom