Should I be concerned?

I am a relatively new Beardie owner. Last week I mistakenly fed Burger some very large Dubia Roaches.. I was thinking that bigger would be better. Since then I have discovered the rule about the size of the food being no bigger across than the width of their eyes.

Since that time, his poops have been runny and more frequent. He and spit up what appeared to be part of an exoskeleton.

Last night I offered him a super worm, but he was not interested at all which is very unusual as he is normally very food motivated.

I have only offered him greens for about the past five days due to the above mentioned items. He still has water available and the temperature and humidity in his enclosure are where they need to be. Nothing has changed with his lights. His activity level hasn’t changed.

I’m not sure if this would be expected following giving him too Big of roaches or if this is some thing I should be more concerned about.

Like I said I’m relatively new to Beardie parenting so I appreciate any advice you can provide me.

Attachments

• 9D199DBE-64E2-46AD-A950-432F70220D11.jpeg
    9D199DBE-64E2-46AD-A950-432F70220D11.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 63

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Answered in the other thread

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom