Should I be concerned?

SpartaRocks

Original Poster
My 4 yr old Beardie, Sparta, looks health. But lately he stays in his cave... its been like weeks. We try to get him to eat, but he hasn't eaten in probably a month. I take him out, give him a bath, try to give him food, but he just heads back to his cage area. Should I be concerned? His last bowel seemed normal. His coloring is normal.

SpartaRocks

Original Poster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hmm sounds about right I'm not totally sure what could be going on. I would believe its probably brumation.
90 degrees is not hot enough - you want temps 95-100 surface basking temps-- what are you using for a uvb? Your dragon will not eat w/ out these being correct-- surface basking should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- they are the most accurate

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
These r my lights
Please get rid of the coil- they are inadequate for a uvb- this could be a good reason for him hiding- please shut the coil off and take him outside for some good uvb - 15-30 min direct sunlight sitting on you- do this everyday till you get a 24" zoo med fixture w/ a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb-- these are good for a 40+ gallon tank- please get this as soon as you can + when you get it I will help you place it for your tank - the screen will determine where the uvb goes

SpartaRocks

Original Poster
Really?! This has been the set up since we got him…. We do have a cat perch that he loves sitting on. Plus, the top won’t accommodate a long light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 68

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Karrieree is on point, those coils should be outlawed. You can mount the uvb under the screen. Use zipties or mechanics wire, ect. Anything that will hold it safely. I had several of my long tubes fail recently, i only caught it because the failure showed up in a video i happened to take. I was having all kinds of trouble out of the 2 dragons in those 2 habitats. I changed the entire fixures and in just a couple days my beardies were back to normal.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom