Should I be concerned?

SpartaRocks

Original Poster
My 4 yr old Beardie, Sparta, looks health. But lately he stays in his cave... its been like weeks. We try to get him to eat, but he hasn't eaten in probably a month. I take him out, give him a bath, try to give him food, but he just heads back to his cage area. Should I be concerned? His last bowel seemed normal. His coloring is normal.

SpartaRocks

Original Poster
More decor, like what? He had a water/pool, but never goes near it, so took it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He has his cave which also has an area to climb on which he does. His heating rock is in the corner and then he has a ladder that he climbs to get on his hammock.
Please get rid of the heat rock--- dragons heat from their backs not stomachs and we have seen so many burns from them --- your dragon is not getting enough UVB w/ the way the tank is set up now- the UVB can stay on top if you like but you need a get a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches - if your putting it inside distance would be 12-15 inches --- I would recommend getting rid of the sand as well - it harbors lots of bacteria --

SpartaRocks

Original Poster
He loves the heat rock and the heating pad that’s on the couch sometimes. Weird. I’ll go get rid of the sand tomorrow. The UVB is installed. No more night blue light. I’m shocked he’s lived this long with everything being so wrong. He sees the vet on the 3rd for a check up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He loves the heat rock and the heating pad that’s on the couch sometimes. Weird. I’ll go get rid of the sand tomorrow. The UVB is installed. No more night blue light. I’m shocked he’s lived this long with everything being so wrong. He sees the vet on the 3rd for a check up.
Please no enemas -- take a fecal in w/ you- heat rocks are dangerous - you can use it just don't have it on but I would look at more decor

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you want to heating pads when he is out if his habitat, the good ole cheapy from family dollar are great. They don't get all that hot and they don't shut off automatically. You still need to make sure not to overheat him though just to be safe, if he is on it instead of under it, ease your hand underneath him occasionally to make sure its not to hot.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom