Should I be concerned about how much baby is eating?

Ann_K88

Beardie name(s)
Hans
We have a 2 month old dragon, Hans. He’s shedding right now, but since we brought him home, he’s eating less than I’d expect. He’s eating anywhere between 15-25 insects a day and a few pieces of salad. I alternate between small dubias, crickets and the occasional small wax worm. He also seems to get bored, so if it’s one of those days, I’ll cut superworms in half and let him eat those.

But around bug 15-20 it’s like he’s done and doesn’t want anymore. Sometimes I can entice him a bit to eat more, sometimes not. But everything I see online says he should be eating way more! He’s pooping normally everyday and is active otherwise.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We have a 2 month old dragon, Hans. He’s shedding right now, but since we brought him home, he’s eating less than I’d expect. He’s eating anywhere between 15-25 insects a day and a few pieces of salad. I alternate between small dubias, crickets and the occasional small wax worm. He also seems to get bored, so if it’s one of those days, I’ll cut superworms in half and let him eat those.

But around bug 15-20 it’s like he’s done and doesn’t want anymore. Sometimes I can entice him a bit to eat more, sometimes not. But everything I see online says he should be eating way more! He’s pooping normally everyday and is active otherwise.
He's eating that's good it's when he stops eating to be concerned - he still going thru relocation stress- it's good he's eating some salad too- FYI too many wax worms and fed to often can cause liver damage so feed sparingly they are a fatty worms- make sure your getting surface basking temps w a digital probe thermometer- 105-110 and a good long tube uvb fixture I can help w/ that if you need to replace a coil if that is what your using

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Also 15 to 20 is good, babies should be fed 2 to 3 times per day. He should eat about that at every feeding

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom