Should I be concerned about his tail?

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
I got a new beardie about 5 days ago and I noticed a notch at the end of his tail. I looked at a picture of him before we bought him and it's definitely there too. I need help knowing if there's actually something wrong and if I should be concerned?

Attachments

• 7F732243-9176-4EEF-BA04-A978054603FB.jpeg
    7F732243-9176-4EEF-BA04-A978054603FB.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 106
  • E2623820-5ADD-4029-A985-53E0CA2E14D3.jpeg
    E2623820-5ADD-4029-A985-53E0CA2E14D3.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 83

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was hoping it wouldn't be that :( He can still feel from that part of his tail but do you think I should take him to a vet?
It's going to fall off- and if he still has feeling that's good - get some raw unpasteurized honey and put on it- please no crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail - I will have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
It's going to fall off- and if he still has feeling that's good - get some raw unpasteurized honey and put on it- please no crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail - I will have ahbd take a look

@AHBD
ok thank you! sorry for the silly question should i put it on his tail now? or would it be when it falls off? im not sure sorry

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would start now so no infection starts- then when it does fall off and it's raw keep putting honey on it till it scabs over- ahbd can advise more as to help w/ it

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom