Should I be concerned about his tail?

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
I got a new beardie about 5 days ago and I noticed a notch at the end of his tail. I looked at a picture of him before we bought him and it's definitely there too. I need help knowing if there's actually something wrong and if I should be concerned?

Attachments

• 7F732243-9176-4EEF-BA04-A978054603FB.jpeg
    7F732243-9176-4EEF-BA04-A978054603FB.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 104
  • E2623820-5ADD-4029-A985-53E0CA2E14D3.jpeg
    E2623820-5ADD-4029-A985-53E0CA2E14D3.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 83

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was hoping it wouldn't be that :( He can still feel from that part of his tail but do you think I should take him to a vet?
It's going to fall off- and if he still has feeling that's good - get some raw unpasteurized honey and put on it- please no crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail - I will have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
It's going to fall off- and if he still has feeling that's good - get some raw unpasteurized honey and put on it- please no crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail - I will have ahbd take a look

@AHBD
ok thank you! sorry for the silly question should i put it on his tail now? or would it be when it falls off? im not sure sorry

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would start now so no infection starts- then when it does fall off and it's raw keep putting honey on it till it scabs over- ahbd can advise more as to help w/ it

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom