short brumation ... possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
hey guys :)
i posted not too long ago about Blue going into what SEEMED like brumation ....
she wasnt basking, sleeping like a log on her cooler side all through the day, waking up with tired eyes, then going back to sleep. If i can recall exactly ... it started in mid october. so its been about 4 weeks. she wasnt always asleep .... but for the most part, she would go a few days sleeping, then i would wake her for feeding, place her to bask to digest, let her sleep for another day then give her consistent every 2 day baths to get the food out. her poops are always "good looking" formed and kinda, perfect (sounds so wierd i know) and the urate is good too.
it SEEMS as if she is coming out of this .... partial sleep (idk if it was brumation) ... yesterday she basked and ate alot of dubia .... today she ate her dubia, basked, ate some greens (SHOCKER! b/c she went off them for over a month, and basked. had a bath ... pooped, and is now running around the bed. As soon as i put her back in the viv, she will PROBABLY go to the cool side and just doze out. im hoping she is emering from all this however. She still wont get out bed until i come home at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Is it normal for them to be a just more, slower? during the winter months but not go into full brumation? she is under a year, but i keep reading brumation is possible especially if they were born earl in the year, which she was (in early april)
ever since fall arrived, ive just noticed some strange behavior that might not really be strange after all .... i cant quite figure it out. she doesnt seem to be losing weight at all ... she is a buddha belly for sure. her appetite is consistent, and she is well hydrated.
if she does slip back into the sleeping days, do i continue to do what i was doing? or totally just leave her be?
any thoughts? anyone expiriencing this "semi brumation" or "lazy days"?
if so, how do you deal with it, do you try to force a bask after a few days?
can brumation last that short of a period of time?
can i possible ask ANY more questions? ha! so sorry .....
thank you all so much in advance, i realllllllllllllllly appreciate any knowledge or personal expiriences with something similar to this.

oh, Blue is 8 months and some change. 16 inches, 48x20x18 viv, reptisun linear tube mounted inside over the basking area, basking SPOT temps 100 - 102, cool side ambient around 80, tile substrate, gets calcium and vitamins, diet is dubia, supers, pheonix worms, and when she will eat it, collards as her main green staple. temps are measured by digital therms with probes, and backed up by a temp gun to double check everything.

ive read the article on brumation on the site, but it doesnt all quite make sense to me still ... its so open ended, great article, but i can pull way too many conclusions from it that i dont which is right.

thanks SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Emily and Miss Bluuuuuesy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom