Shipping dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdragon

Hatchling Member
Just wondering how you ship dragons. Do you box the dragon before you take them to Fedex or do you take the dragon to Fedex and they box them for you?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Fedex wont ship them if you are not a registered Fedex live animal shipper. So if you arent than you will need to use UPS or shipyourreptiles.com (cheaper alternative as it uses UPS but has a coorporate UPS account). They have all the instructions on there. You have to use a box like the ones on that site though. Crush test certified at over 200lbs with the styrofoam insulated insurts and at this time of the year (depending on where yo uare) you will need a heat pack as well.

snowdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
crazytwister":dc116 said:
dont ship bearded dragon it makes them stressed out and they can die :!: :!: :!: 8)

Anything can die during shipping. Breeders have been shipping BD for a long time and all the shipments I have gotten have been in great health. Dragons will be fine aslong as they are shipped right.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
crazytwister":bf3f7 said:
dont ship bearded dragon it makes them stressed out and they can die :!: :!: :!: 8)
was the point of this post just you hoping to get a rise out of someone cause it was the most ignorant statement i have ever seen. i have shipped numerous times and never had one die. You need to adjust the way you try to give "advice" cause that was a foolish comment on your part.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
You can search the threads on Fuanaclassifieds in the shipping forum and there is a lot of advice on shipping with heat or cold packs as well as packing advice. I do suggest getting FedEx live reptile shipped certified, it's free, and will give you some confidence.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=462

Shipping 2 animals is no problem. People ship large lots of dragons all the time.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom