Shedding??

itzjules.x

Beardie name(s)
Milo
Hi my beardie about 4-5 months is shedding on his back , head , tummy , and his beard. Since earlier he's puffing his beard out , opening his mouth and kind of pulling his head towards his body is that normal or is he choking??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my beardie about 4-5 months is shedding on his back , head , tummy , and his beard. Since earlier he's puffing his beard out , opening his mouth and kind of pulling his head towards his body is that normal or is he choking??
The puffing the beard out opening the mouth is stretching- common for shedding - I am not sure what you mean about the pulling his head towards his body tho -- can you post a pic of him please

itzjules.x

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
The puffing the beard out opening the mouth is stretching- common for shedding - I am not sure what you mean about the pulling his head towards his body tho -- can you post a pic of him please
Yeha he keeping doing that and moving his head back towards his body. Plus he opens his mouth really wide

Attachments

• IMG_0965.MOV
    7.5 MB

itzjules.x

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Here’s a better video

Attachments

• IMG_0966.MOV
    8.6 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here’s a better video
Please spray him w / some water take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him -- it looks like hes trying to get the loose shed off - does he have some decor pieces in the tank to rub against to get the loose stuff off?

itzjules.x

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Please spray him w / some water take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him -- it looks like hes trying to get the loose shed off - does he have some decor pieces in the tank to rub against to get the loose stuff off?
Yeha he has a a temple thing that’s hard and he has a hidy hole that he’s been rubbing against. I know your not supposed to pull off the skin but is there anyway i can help him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeha he has a a temple thing that’s hard and he has a hidy hole that he’s been rubbing against. I know your not supposed to pull off the skin but is there anyway i can help him?
The spraying will loosen the shed and the tooth brush will get the loose stuff off -- some like it cuz it scratches them

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom