shedding side effects?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is it ungodly smelly? If so take a sample in to a vet and have a fecal done, it could be parasites. Don't let the vet do an enama, it's insanely dangerous. Collect it yourself and take it in within 24 hours.
If it isn't smelly your dragon could just be well hydrated. If they are really good on hydration the poop can be watery. If it presists take a fecal in to the vet.

Hiedi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ted
Is it ungodly smelly? If so take a sample in to a vet and have a fecal done, it could be parasites. Don't let the vet do an enama, it's insanely dangerous. Collect it yourself and take it in within 24 hours.
If it isn't smelly your dragon could just be well hydrated. If they are really good on hydration the poop can be watery. If it presists take a fecal in to the vet.
ty

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That can be normal, yes but as suggested, if that does continue I would recommend getting
a fecal done, too just to be sure he doesn't have worms or parasites causing the issues.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I use the shed ease on Zen when he has a particularly hard shed, it seens to help.
I don't recommend daily baths, it can dry out their skin, but also if they don't get completely dry it could cause bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also is it a good idea to bathe them daily when shedding to help get the dead skin off?
No daily baths please-- let the dragons shed do it's thing- just make sure he has something to rub on in the tank-- after the shed gets to a crackly dry peely shed take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him -- mist him first this will pull the loose stuff off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the shedding process coming along for him? I hope it's progressing for him, so he starts
to feel better!

Tracie

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
He was looking pretty rough last night, I need to go check on him now this morning.

No daily baths please-- let the dragons shed do it's thing- just make sure he has something to rub on in the tank-- after the shed gets to a crackly dry peely shed take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him -- mist him first this will pull the loose stuff off
Okay thanks I thought that might not be a good idea.
Is a medium toothbrush good enough for brushing them?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Just brush the underside of your arm, anything that isn't uncomfortable for you should be ok for them. 🙂

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom