shedding baby! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Hey! My boy Bentley is shedding. I just got him yesterday, and now he's in a full body shed. He's got a lot of stress marks D: why?!?! so my questions is : because he's too new to the house and I can't bathe him, should I just sprinkling some water on his back? Btw he's a baby.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Hi,
He is stressed because he is dealing with relocation stress, but he also is stressed because of the shed which are very uncomfortable. You can put some olive oil, coconut oil on his back and gently massage with a soft bristled tooth brush.

Let me know how he is doing!!

~Haley :)

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks very much, I'm going to try that :)
He's doing good, I think he got a lot off but not all.
Thanks again for the cool idea.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
No problem. And remember how tempting it is to help with gently tugging at the loose skin, its a big no no! ;)

Its really tempting for me because I feel if I help pull it off it will make him feel better. Although its usually opposite.. :)

~Haley :mrgreen:

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha I know what you mean, I just want to make him as comfortable as possible! Luckily I avoided picking at him :)

Thank you :D

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
nice warm soaks help the skin to loosen up and crack.

a log or something rough in the viv helps because they rub on it or drag themselves along it to get the skin off.

I have the toothbrush that i use when they are in the tub.

Mr Dargon is so used to the brush that he runs to it to rub his face on it when he is shedding.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aw, that is so cute :) yeah I have a log in his viv and just before he started shedding he rubbed his little head on it. I tried to give him a soak today but he was not liking it, and I didn't want to stress him too much so I gave him a dry and set him back on his log :/

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
So what is the reason We shouldn't help pull it off? I help my crestie if I catch him in shed..I just can't help myself... :silent:

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
When gently tugging at the skin you are tugging at scales that are still sensitive and can be pulled off. Which is very uncomfortable. Although you might not think that you are doing anything, its best just to leave it alone. And bath your beardie.

Have a great day!

~Haley :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom