Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
My beardie is shedding her tail right now and she been trying to shed that off for almost two weeks and it is not coming off. I soaked her a bath a few times but still nothing. I think it's helping only the tiniest of bit. I'm worried that something is going on. could it be stuck shed on her tail. It is so pail that it looks like it's off but its stuck. I need some advice for my baby:(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is shedding her tail right now and she been trying to shed that off for almost two weeks and it is not coming off. I soaked her a bath a few times but still nothing. I think it's helping only the tiniest of bit. I'm worried that something is going on. could it be stuck shed on her tail. It is so pail that it looks like it's off but its stuck. I need some advice for my baby:(
Please leave the shed to do it's thing it will come off in it's due time- when it gets to be dry and crackly then mist his tail take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose shed will come off --- please do not pick or pull you can damage the scales

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
sounds normal to me. the process takes longer the older they get, as well as getting more patchy instead of a full body shed. my guy starts out by looking waxy, then turning almost completely white before it goes back to the waxy look and then finally comes off. he just did part of his face and it took over a month. stuck shed isn't nearly as common as it sounds. just let her do her thing.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I don't pull the shed off because it will ruin their scales and you could rip one off and cause bleeding. So I leave it alone. But I am a little worried. She sheds it in patches where she sheds her body and head, after a few days, it's her legs and arms, and then her tail. It looks like the whole thing is just off of her scales but it's stuck. I try with a little toothbrush and nothing comes off and I don't want to scrub it and hurt her scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom