Shed or fungal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, today I noticed a weird patch on my beardie leg and tail. I thought maybe stuck shed so i gave him a long soak in warm water and trying to GENTLY rub that area to see if it would loosen up. It didn’t budge. And I got curious and looked at his tummy, he doesn’t like when I lift him up to look at his belly, and I noticed this weird patch. There are a few other spots on his belly that look like this also. I added pictures, hopefully I did it right I think they updated the website since ive been on last. I tried to get the best picture I could, it a a slightly more yellow than the picture looks so I wasn’t sure if it was shed or YF?

Attachments

• C34EBFBF-C35C-49DF-8DA8-FB50E7E782BC.jpeg
    C34EBFBF-C35C-49DF-8DA8-FB50E7E782BC.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 932290F0-F518-4BC4-9D75-98A2B6F5A153.jpeg
    932290F0-F518-4BC4-9D75-98A2B6F5A153.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2416C079-1BEC-42BF-A9F2-8721A76A0E1B.jpeg
    2416C079-1BEC-42BF-A9F2-8721A76A0E1B.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 115

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi , that's totally normal and requires no intervention at all. Just a few small patches of unshed that lingers much longer on sub adult or adult dragons which makes people feel the need to soak + scrub it off. Just care for your dragon as usual, no extra steps are needed even if it's there for a month or more it will eventually come off. :)

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
Hi , that's totally normal and requires no intervention at all. Just a few small patches of unshed that lingers much longer on sub adult or adult dragons which makes people feel the need to soak + scrub it off. Just care for your dragon as usual, no extra steps are needed even if it's there for a month or more it will eventually come off. :)
Thank you so much! I’ve never had this happen with him before so this helped me relax!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I agree, that looks like just old dry scales that will eventually shed off! You can try some aloe vera, coconut oil or shea butter to help out
the retained scales.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom