shed into huge enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
so I've been looking into my baby a 120 gallon, but I figured can I successfully raise him in a shed Manchin? so I got thinking I would get him 2 24" UVB 14% arcadia bulbs inside and how close should I put it to the ground? and also will probably offer more than one basking spot too! i and I will of course, put a structure under the UVB so he can bask underneath, and ill have an air purifier and fan on plus there is around 6 windows, I live in Cali so it can't get more than 80degrees in there, please let me know what you think! and I will be replacing the flooring in the shed with fake grass or tile etc! ill give the measurements tomorrow help is very appreciated!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
another idea!
we can get the 120 gallon make the bioactive inside then make a Lil ramp to the shed floor so he can explore for a few hrs a day! we will be replacing the floors still!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A 120 gallon tank only needs ONE UVB - and a 14% bulb is very strong - your gonna want to strap the fixture to the top of the mesh INSIDE w/ a distance of 17-18 " directly above the basking decor piece - I would go w/ either slated ceramic tile that is not too coarse so he does not get abrasions on the feet or legs or stomach -- measure the tank from inside -- mine is not grouted or sealed in so that it can been pulled for easier cleaning - I use a thick shop paper towel underneath so the watery urate is caught by that so all you haft to do is pull the tile and change out the paper towel - why are you using a air purifier? 6 windows is good for ventilation -- 80 degrees is good for the cool side of the tank - make sure your using digital probe thermometers on the basking side and one for the cool side - can you post a pic of the tank your doing https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes!
when i mention the other option I meant arcadia 12% 24" which I have in his 40-gallon tank rn, and I mentioned air purifier can be used if needed, I'm going to start cleaning out the shed tomorrow I will be sending pics tomorrow, and I'm getting the 120 gallon in a week, it's a 4,2,2 from zen habitats wood panel enclosure. i will be getting the tile as soon as possible, and ill keep you updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom