She ate the fake plant..

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
So my girl who is still recovering from her spay went and decided to eat the only decoration I was able to keep in her enclosure.. or so I thought was safe.

She's never tried to eat the fake plant before... she usually just tries to hide behind it (it was attached to the wall) But when i looked today lo and behold. There was a nibble taken off.. despite she had carrots and kale in her bowl.

I'm pretty sure she consumed that little bit that's missing. It's small and kinda fabric like. Should I be concerned? A big part of me thinks she will probably pass it without issues.. I took the plant out but any further advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230509_190345.jpg
    20230509_190345.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 82

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's a small piece, she should pass it through ok. There was a beardie on here a bit back that passed an entire shoe lace.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my girl who is still recovering from her spay went and decided to eat the only decoration I was able to keep in her enclosure.. or so I thought was safe.

She's never tried to eat the fake plant before... she usually just tries to hide behind it (it was attached to the wall) But when i looked today lo and behold. There was a nibble taken off.. despite she had carrots and kale in her bowl.

I'm pretty sure she consumed that little bit that's missing. It's small and kinda fabric like. Should I be concerned? A big part of me thinks she will probably pass it without issues.. I took the plant out but any further advice would be appreciated.
If she continues to eat it take it out-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can certainly eat a lot of crazy things! I concur....she should easily pass it through but as you
have already done, it will probably be best to keep it out of her tank.

Tracie

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Try adding a real plant she CAN munch on! My Mogley has eaten quite a few, he enjoys the fresh diet lol! I was using them for safe decor, but he will eat the entire plant in a few days!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom