shaking/jolting

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely try to get a short video of your dragon for us just so we can see.
If his legs are shedding, then that is possible
he is trying to get some skin off.
Is the tube bulb mounted directly overhead
or on the back wall?

Tracie

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Hello,

Definitely try to get a short video of your dragon for us just so we can see.
If his legs are shedding, then that is possible
he is trying to get some skin off.
Is the tube bulb mounted directly overhead
or on the back wall?

Tracie
My uvb is in the tank and somewhat in the middle of the tank but more toward the back also I think I may have figured it. Apparently when they get too hot they lift their toes and legs out but I’m not sure also I got him a vet appointment scheduled still to be on the safe side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My uvb is in the tank and somewhat in the middle of the tank but more toward the back also I think I may have figured it. Apparently when they get too hot they lift their toes and legs out but I’m not sure also I got him a vet appointment scheduled still to be on the safe side
Surface decor may be too hot- are you getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ir thermometer reads 115 on the hottest spot
Too hot I am thinking the IR guns is off- those can be inaccurate because of material - please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the most accurate - curling toes is a sign of too hot

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Too hot I am thinking the IR guns is off- those can be inaccurate because of material - please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the most accurate - curling toes is a sign of too hot
Ok I’ll lower his thermostat in the meantime see cause I have his thermostat probe 4 inches from the light so I can use basking assist with my herpstat

Beardie name(s)
Blue
It looks a lot like this Reddit video I just

Vet appointments are good. Even if the legs are not an issue, it's good to see if they are healthy and don't have any other issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? Definitely try to get the temperatures lowered some, it is likely getting
too hot for him. We usually recommend a range of 95-110F at the hottest really.
Has he eaten today? A vet visit will be fine, to be sure there isn't anything else going on. Don't let
them medicate him for no justified reason.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your dragon?
Has he improved any & are you still getting him to the vet also?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom