Sexing Kenyan Sand Boa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemiDoll

So, I recently acquired a new job at my local Petsmart and upon working there, I fell in love with a cute little Kenyan Sand Boa. It was about 9 inches long and the width of a pencil.

I took the snake home and named it Penelope. However, I am no professional at sexing snakes. I already have two ball pythons which were pre-sexed for me. And this is my first time with a Sand Boa so I have nothing to base my judgements on.

Anal spurs have to be present, but they were difficult to locate on such a dinky little snake.
The tail is starting to seem a bit longer than it would be if it was a female, but I don't really know what the length relation is from the tip of the tail to the vent.
I also attempted a rolling technique which resulted in me feeling a bump at the vent but not being entirely sure.
Here are photos, if anyone may have a slight idea.

Thanks for any help,
Demi

photo-28.jpg

photo-27.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom