severe emaciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless him, that is so sad. I hope he responds well to the extra care & attention from you.
Go slowly with him & keep him warm overnight also, that should help out. They can overcome a lot from abuse, so hopefully he will pull through for you.
Definitely mix in calcium powder with his greens slurry, too.
Which UVB are you using now?

Tracie

Kaiju

Original Poster
It's been nearly week, and I'm sad to report that there has been no progress. He spends all of his time lying on the bottom of the cage under the lights sleeping. His eyes are always closed and when I give him his meds he's lethargic.
The vet and I are giving him one last week, if there's no improvement... :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. :cry: I was hoping that he would start to improve by now. They do take awhile though, but if he isn't moving around much :cry: :cry:
Is his beard black all of the time, or he is just lethargic? Have you been able to get any food into him at all?

Do let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Kaiju

Original Poster
Drache613":17c9mkm3 said:
Hello,

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. :cry: I was hoping that he would start to improve by now. They do take awhile though, but if he isn't moving around much :cry: :cry:
Is his beard black all of the time, or he is just lethargic? Have you been able to get any food into him at all?

Do let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

No black beard, but doesn't move much at all. I've been syringe feeding him food from the vet. He pooped today, it was terra cotta coloured. Not sure if that's bad.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good he seems to be digesting some. What baby foods are you feeding or food from the vet?
Have you tried placing him up under his basking light to see if he will stay for awhile?
I still hope that he starts to improve for you.

Tracie

Kaiju

Original Poster
Drache613":2kxcrx05 said:
Hello,

That's good he seems to be digesting some. What baby foods are you feeding or food from the vet?
Have you tried placing him up under his basking light to see if he will stay for awhile?
I still hope that he starts to improve for you.

Tracie

I've been giving him this from the vet
http://emeraid.com/emeraid-omnivore/

When I put him back in his tank he just sits under the light and doesn't move until his next feeding.

Monday I discuss euthanasia with the Vet. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, so he doesn't really move at all, poor guy!
I hate to hear you will be discussing the possibility of putting him down, that is so difficult. :cry:
Our thoughts are with you. Let us know how things went.

Tracie

Kaiju

Original Poster
The vet and I discussed continued treatment, but it was going to be a few overnights at the vet, several hundred dollars... and she was very guarded on his recovery. He was suffering liver issues, MBD, and a possible infection. We decided euthanasia was the best route. I'll be burying him tomorrow. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry about your little one, that is a terrible outcome. :cry: He was a special little guy. I am sorry you lost him.
My sincere condolences to you. At least he was loved & was not alone.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom