Severe black bearding outside?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I have taken my 2 beardies outside the last 4 days in a row and they darken up basking under the sun which is normal. But my Chubbs gets a extremely jet black beard and I never thought of it till now but could being outside consecutively be stressing her out? Amber darkens up as well but not much and they both start to gape after being out 5-10 mins. I thought the typical body temp regulation but 5-10 mins seems fast to reach optimal temps (hoping I'm wrong). They are not used to being outside a lot so I'm doing it more and slowly one of their triggers already is when a airplane passes overhead. I'm looking to get a big kiddy pool so I can fill it with soil and let them roam but be in a controlled area with 24/7 supervision. Hopefully overtime they will learn to enjoy being outside but I want to keep them from being stressed out as much as possible. Obviously i know they will get stressed out at some point but that's never my intention

Note: They currently bask on my lap and/or a lounge chair so with a kiddy pool they can roam and dig

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Every dragon is different but for some [ like yours ] everything is new + scary to them. They should get used to it after a while. If you want a screened enclosure you can try one of these, others on the forum have these for their beardies.

ABO gear outdoor cat tent.

Last edited:

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Every dragon is different but for some [ like yours ] everything is new + scary to them. They should get used to it after a while. If you want a screened enclosure you can try one of these, others on the forum have these for their beardies.

ABO gear outdoor cat tent.
Would the suns rays be filtered from the screen? Or is it different than UVB bulbs bc it's natural sunlight. New to letting my beardies out I think I need to research this stuff lol

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Some would be filtered but being in natural sun they would get loads of uv even with the screen
The one you recommend is out of stock but would this work? Comes with rain fly one comes in black which I thought could make it hotter even on a cooler day and green

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-132527.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-132527.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 75

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom