Setting up lamps on a glass top terrarium? Need help!

Veda

I need some help. How do I secure lamps on this type of terrarium? There is nothing to attach them to, and putting a heat lamp on glass doesnt seem like a great idea. I'm guessing it's also not optimal to put uvb on it either. Any ideas on how I can solve this?
I initially thought the metal panel could be removed but doesn't seem like it. Pictures below.

There is also similar panel on the side of the terrarium, and Im worried my beardie might get his nail stuck in it, should I try to cover it or is it unlikely?

Attachments

• 20221005_134747.jpg
    20221005_134747.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20221005_134909.jpg
    20221005_134909.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 91

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I need some help. How do I secure lamps on this type of terrarium? There is nothing to attach them to, and putting a heat lamp on glass doesnt seem like a great idea. I'm guessing it's also not optimal to put uvb on it either. Any ideas on how I can solve this?
I initially thought the metal panel could be removed but doesn't seem like it. Pictures below.

There is also similar panel on the side of the terrarium, and Im worried my beardie might get his nail stuck in it, should I try to cover it or is it unlikely?
I would think taking the top of it off all together - the glass is not going to w/ stain the heat-- and its not wide enough in the back on the screen to place a heat bulb on it w/ out it touching the glass - and the sides too are not very safe as well --- he can get a nait caught in the side of it and possibly rip it off

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Glass blocks 100% of uvb. Heat breaks the glass also, my first 4x2x2 had a glass panel in the middle on the top i sat the che on it when i opened the screen and forgot it, it broke the glass within 5 minutes of coming on.

Veda

Original Poster
Glass blocks 100% of uvb. Heat breaks the glass also, my first 4x2x2 had a glass panel in the middle on the top i sat the che on it when i opened the screen and forgot it, it broke the glass within 5 minutes of coming on
That sounds terrible! But if I have the heat lamp inside the tank, so that it doesnt stand on the glass, that should be fine right? Or is there still a chance of the glass breaking?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That sounds terrible! But if I have the heat lamp inside the tank, so that it doesnt stand on the glass, that should be fine right? Or is there still a chance of the glass breaking?
No if its inside it should be fine but it should be at least 6" above the basking decor--- what about your UVB this is crucial as well

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Since it's inside just make sure your beardie can't reach it to get burned.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom