Selfie

First car ride to the vettttt.

We couldn't find our other carrier so we had Toothless in our bag, because he's most likely to lose it and take off and Nova in a blanket in a little plastic tote and she's being surprisingly calm. They're both being surprisingly calm and I have a bad feeling about it.😅😅

EDIT TO ADD. They have a clean bill of health, except for pinworms. Is paper towels still okay to use as a flooring in their tanks until we get shelf liner or something.? I want to get rid of their carpets asap

Attachments

• 20230131_083134.jpg
    20230131_083134.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230131_083149.jpg
    20230131_083149.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Paper towel should be fine 🙂.
I think most beardies learn to love car rides pretty quickly, as long as it's done in a safe manner it's great enrichment for them. But be prepared for the curious and the lookie lou's lol. Every time I take mine anywhere I get stopped a dozen times by people wanting to look at and talk about them 🙂

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Paper towel should be fine 🙂.
I think most beardies learn to love car rides pretty quickly, as long as it's done in a safe manner it's great enrichment for them. But be prepared for the curious and the lookie lou's lol. Every time I take mine anywhere I get stopped a dozen times by people wanting to look at and talk about them 🙂
Yeah, I stuck Nova on the dashboard and up in the window and people stared.😅

What's a good way to prevent us from getting pinworms.? Also, I have a bottle of reptivite vitamins and the instructions are saying to use 1/2 teaspoon for every 5 ounces, which would be a ton of vitamins for either of them. Is it really that much or can I do less and it still be effective.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Best way to keep most all parasites in check is just staying on top of keeping their habitats clean and sanitized. By that i just mean "clean" pick up the poop asap remove dead insects, old salads daily, "sanitized" remove decor and deep clean with a good quality sanitizer every little bit. I use chlorhexidine to spot clean poops. F10, wipeout, ect works also. Just be aware wipeout is ammonia based so it needs to be aired out to zero fumes.
Beyond that we are kindda at the mercy of the quality of feeders we are able to get. It doesn't matter how clean you keep it if a #$%&%$#%& cricket is carrying a load of parasites.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom