Seizing Bearded Dragon Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp335

Original Poster
Drache613":11x9ied7 said:
Hello,

How does he like the Critical Care food? Be sure that it is not too thick, just so he doesn't
choke on it. Since he will be on the Baytril, keep him well hydrated since that particular
medication has a tendency to dehydrate them.
I hope that he is starting to feel better, bless him.
Let us know how things are going.
I am sure that he will love his new T5 tube as well!

Tracie

Hello!
Unfortunately he’s not the biggest fan of the critical care, he puts up a bit of a fuss for a little while after— The instructions say to mix 1tblespoon mix to 2 tablespoons water, the vet said that since there’s water it should help with the dehydration, but since he hasn’t had problems with soaking i’ll probably try to keep up with those as well just to make sure !
In good news, since starting the baytril- unless it’s when he’s upset over the syringe feedings, we’ve had almost no incidents! his beard has been cleared up otherwise, and he’s happy to wake up and go bask, and seems to be getting stronger and more stable by the day:) Hes a trooper for sure !
T5 did come in, but the fixture was broken when it arrived- i’ve reordered and it’ll be coming in this tuesday. When it comes, do you think it’ll be safe to mount it right away and take out the blankets? or should I maybe wait until he’s feeling better before making another big setup change like that

needhelp335

Original Poster
NYBeardie":etdpa623 said:
Not sure if it works for all dragons, but if I hold mine while near a window (my windows have good views), he'll just chill for ages.

we’ll definitely try ! thank you !:)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes get the UVB inside the tank ASAP -- its going to help him right away --leave the blankets your using for now hopefully that T 5 is going to help him start to use those back legs again -- it may be a slow going process but lets hope for the best

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":15fenx8o said:
Yes get the UVB inside the tank ASAP -- its going to help him right away --leave the blankets your using for now hopefully that T 5 is going to help him start to use those back legs again -- it may be a slow going process but lets hope for the best

actually since starting the baytril he’s had a major mobility increase !!! I’ll put the t5 in when it comes, but is 6-8 in too close? since it’s the 10.0 instead of the 5.0 bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes its too strong you want the distance 12-15 inches just raise it when you change the bulb out

Wow that is great news --- that UVB will increase appetite his coloring and more mobility I am thinking

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1mou9pic said:
Yes its too strong you want the distance 12-15 inches just raise it when you change the bulb out

Wow that is great news --- that UVB will increase appetite his coloring and more mobility I am thinking

Makes sense to me ! So when the t5 comes in, should use the 5.0 bulb it comes with at first so that i can leave the blankets until he feels better and then switch to 10.0 and take blankets out?
—-By the way, you guys have all been a major help so far! now that Iroh is starting to feel better i realized i haven’t properly thanked you all, So major thanks to you guys for helping me fix my lighting, find vets, and all the other support so far!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know that a lot of them tend to not like the critical care that much. Hopefully you have been
able to get some into him though. At least he is showing some really good improvement now,
along with increased activity also.
Definitely go ahead & change out the tube bulb & be sure since it is a T5 10%, to have it at least
10-12 inches away. You can leave his little blankies in, because he probably loves those!

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

needhelp335

Original Poster
Drache613":2q8skym4 said:
Hello,

I know that a lot of them tend to not like the critical care that much. Hopefully you have been
able to get some into him though. At least he is showing some really good improvement now,
along with increased activity also.
Definitely go ahead & change out the tube bulb & be sure since it is a T5 10%, to have it at least
10-12 inches away. You can leave his little blankies in, because he probably loves those!

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Currently he’s been eating about a tablespoon of mix w two tablespoons of water by syringe— the blankets are currently putting him 6-8 away from the t8, which is why I was asking about taking them out before putting in the t5. Maybe i can rearrange some of the blankets or leave some in so that there’s still enough space ?

I’ll be sure to keep posted :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is a good amount for him, plenty of nutrition then! It should be thinned out enough
with the added water.
Oh sure, I see. You can take the blankets out or rearrange them once you place the new
T5 in so he isn't too close to the UVB light. You definitely don't want to take away his little
creature comforts.
I hope he is doing well!

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No need to delete your thread here, so you can continue updating here if needed. We
would all love to hear how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom