Second clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave1473

Hi guys wondering if you can help my bearded dragon laid a fertile clutch of 20 on the 11th April 2020 13 of them are fertile the rest wasn’t she’s laid her second clutch but very staggered she’s almost like a chicken every morning she would lay 1 single egg all eggs have been infertile I didn’t think this was possible as I thought the females retained the sperm any help would be great full :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi dave,

What most likely happened was the male didn't get much sperm into her, or it wasn't very good sperm. That would explain the low fertility rate of the first clutch, and the basic 0 fertility of the second.

Females can hold sperm to fertilize multiple clutches, but if it isn't good, it won't do much ;)

What setup do you have for her to lay in? Typically if she is only letting go of 1 at a time, its because she isn't confident that she has found a good spot to lay them.

-Brandon

Dave1473

Original Poster
Thank you she’s in a 4ft Vivarium which she’s been in since I’ve had her her lay box is in the warm end as that’s where she has been digging she’s running round her viv acting like she did when she had her first clutch of eggs she’s eating as and when she feels like it I’ve been keeping track of her weight Aswell every couple of days I’ll check her weight she’s looking gravid again so I really don’t know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom