Scratching the bottom of his tank

ashleypor

Original Poster
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for about 5 months, he’s 6 months old and today I noticed he started scratching the bottom of his tank, i have a long green matt that covers the glass bottom of the tank and he just scratches it up until he’s underneath the mat and just remains there. I was wondering if i’d have to buy substrate since I know there are bearded dragons who like to dig. Please someone reply I’d love to get multiple responses if possible

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for about 5 months, he’s 6 months old and today I noticed he started scratching the bottom of his tank, i have a long green matt that covers the glass bottom of the tank and he just scratches it up until he’s underneath the mat and just remains there. I was wondering if i’d have to buy substrate since I know there are bearded dragons who like to dig. Please someone reply I’d love to get multiple responses if possible
You can cut up some fleece long pieces and place in his hide- see if that helps- your sure he's male correct? You can also set up a dig box in his tank as well w/ some play sand mixed w/ some potting soil that has no chemicals or fertilizer in it-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom