School Beardie has a cut, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylaElizabeth

Grendel, my schools pet Beardie has what looks like a cut, what should we do to help fix it? We don't want it to get infected. I am not the teacher so I can't really take him to the vet or anything. It looks like one of his spikes got ripped off particially, is there anything we can like put on it or will it just heal by itself? It looks like it's getting infected. I told my teacher and he said he doesn't know what to do. I am in charge of taking care of feeding him and cleaning his tank and stuff like that so I put up a rule that no one can hold him until his cut heals, I cleaned it up a bit today and he did not like when I touched it. He hasn't been eating for the past four or so days. He has been rather sluggish too. We put in a whole bag of crickets on Friday and when we came in to school today (monday) they were all dead and not eaten and there was no new poop at all. I just don't know what to do.

Please help!!

I can try to get a picture on here soon.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe he got bit by a cricket.They will bite & chew beardies i sugesst getting a tupperware to feed him in seperately.Never leave crickets in viv.As far as the cut you should watch it & put some betadine ointment on it.

H31d1

hmmm the only thing i could suggest is if the beardy is on sand then replace it with paper towels. sand can carry bacteria which could cause infection to an open wound.

keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom