Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hey everyone... the website will be offline later this evening for about an hour. I'm not sure of the exact time I'll be able to get to it, but it will be sometime between 7 - 11 PM PDT.

I'll put up the "Offline for Maintenance" message, of course.

If you're wondering why I'm taking things offline for that time... well, I'm finally applying some updates to the forums. I've been working on cleaning up the look and feel of the templates to be more consistent with the rest of the site. And also adding some nice new features to the forums, such as the "Similar Topics" feature, which will list off a handful of topics similar to the one you're reading at the time.

I will also be disabling the User Blog feature. It requires a significant amount of maintenance, and I've realized that we not only get about 1-2 posts a month in there (as opposed to 40-80 a month a couple years ago). If anyone needs to get the information they posted in there, just let me know. The data is still around, it just won't be generally visible.

I hope that everyone will enjoy the updates and that it will help make things easier to use and find info you may be looking for.

In the future, I'll be looking to support Facebook integrated logins, so that once your account is associated to your Facebook account (only simple info exchanged, and very little saved on my end), you can just click the Facebook logon. Once you're logged in to FB in your browser, it will log you in to your account here. If you were already logged into FB in your browser (most people stay logged in), it will just instantly log you in here. It's a nice way to reduce how many passwords you have to remember!

But anyway... for tonight... basic look and feel updates, some bug fixes, and the Similar Topics feature! :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The upgrades were successful! I will leave this post as a sticky in the "Website Comments" forum. If you have any problems, see any bugs, anything missing (other than blogs), or other issues, please let me know. I am hoping that this update will be a smooth one, and only improve the experience on the forums.

Oh! And be sure to check out the Similar Topics feature. You need to be logged in to see them. I'd love to know what you all think, and if it was worth putting into place.

Thanks
-Alex

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alex,

That didn't take too long, thanks! :D
I am sure it will run more smoothly now & take a bit less effort on keeping so much data around for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom