Schedule Questions

CassiTheNerd420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frankie
So this is my first pet and I want to make sure everything's perfect for him (i've only had him for a week) below is the schedule I've put together and was wondering if there's anything off about it (where it says bugs I feed him 3 superworms, and where it says salad I feed him some collard greens and cut up squash, his calcium has d3 in it and so does his vitamins, I clean his tank with organic tank cleaner cause I would hate to use bleach anywhere near him, and for a treat I either give him blueberries or mealworms)
2C3C8AE2-63E6-4BA0-9164-D3A909BEEDC7.jpeg

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Looks good! Although you may wanna guesstimate their age and adjust the diet accordingly. For younger beardies they may need more than 3 superworms per day, and for older ones you can feed them bugs like 3x a week only. When they’re acclimated to their new home you can explore more about what they like and what they need 😄

CassiTheNerd420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frankie
Looks good! Although you may wanna guesstimate their age and adjust the diet accordingly. For younger beardies they may need more than 3 superworms per day, and for older ones you can feed them bugs like 3x a week only. When they’re acclimated to their new home you can explore more about what they like and what they need 😄
sounds good! :) hes around a year old so i might bump his worms down to 4 days instead of 5

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Congratulations and good luck. The cleaning of the tank...Rocky is 8 months and it's definitely more than1x week. You may want spot cleanings in between.
Can the treat be a sporadic thing?
I found journaling Rocky's behavior easier as nothing is "perfect" with a beardie. It doesn't mean that you are a bad beardie parent, they may do something that throws the entire schedule off.I suggest keeping it as a guide because there are other points....when to change the bulbs for example.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom