Scariest experiance you have had with your beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrameth

OK.. so i thought this might be a good topic today considering what just happend when i was feeding charlie..

IM a Scaredie cat when it comes to bugs! feeding charlie is not so bad because he eats them all right away.. i can deal with the crix and worms... i got some pheonix worms for charlie a little while ago..he loves them! gobbles them up..when i picked them up from the store and opend the little container they were in to see if they were all alive i found a bunch of what i presumed "dead" pheonix worms.. i asked the guy at the counter..he said yeah.. you can have 50% off! well awsome..100 crix and 100 pheonixworms for 50% off! good deal right?...well! today i opend charlies tub of "dead" pheonix worms and almost had a heart attack as a grown soldier fly crawled out of the tub at me!! the dead worms were not dead they were cocoons! yep..scariest experience i have had with my baby so far!...needless to say i flushed all the rest of the larva..i want nothing more to do with flying bugs!

what has happend to you owners out there? any scary experiances with bugs or otherwise? let me hear-um!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lilly is gravid so I put her in a laybox with her screen top and light resting on top. I came back an hour or so later to peek in on her, and of course the screen top had been moved so there was an inch gap and she was gone! My room is a disaster so I had no idea how I would ever find her. I searched and searched before finally finding her in the closet, sound asleep.

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
I have 55 gal vivs with hinged screens on them. Well, someone didn't put down the top & I found Sam our 12 lbs long hair cat sitting in the viv. at first I couldn't see Star, but she was there, snuggling on the other side of Sam! Sam's a good boy, it was just so nice and warm! Our beardies think of the cats as warm fuzzy things to land on! The cats are all good with the beardies, too.

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Nero thinks he is a daredevil and one day I was standing in the kitchen with him sitting on my shoulder. I had my back turned to the counter. I feel him crawling down my back and then tense up... like he is about to jump to the counter. He jumped and I turned around... didn't see him, but I did hear a "splat". I looked down and he was on the floor! He had fallen five feet and landed on his belly. I flipped out :eek: and the first thing I heard myself say to him was "Why would you DO that?" as if he could understand me.

He turned out to be fine. I watched him for a few days but he didn't hurt anything internally or bleed and luckily he didn't bump his head on anything. He did have a black beard for an hour afterwards. It must have hurt... poor baby. :cry: He's never tried to jump from my shoulder since.

Another scary experience was when he hid somewhere in the living room during free roam time and I'd fallen asleep... I tore up the room for an hour and a half. My husband came home from work and found him in five minutes, hiding behind a bookcase with a "Whaddaya want?" look on his face. :oops:

And I suppose this might not really count if you breed supers (we don't) but from time to time one escapes from their bin and we only find out when there's a darkling beetle walking up the wall. Very creepy if you weren't expecting to see that!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
When we almost lost Chimaira do to impaction we did what the pet store told us and fed her the mealworms.....

Kinno learned how to open his viv he jumped 4 foot to the floor hes a large dragon so i just knew he had hurt himself. But he was fine. I moved him to the bottom floor of the tripple decker viv that same day.

When i thought Lexia was going to die. She refused bugs greens everything and anything when she was little for about 2 weeks she looked so skinny and weak. Thank goodness for Jumpstart. Saved her life i think. She took off ever since her second dose.

I took Roo outside and she freaked out and jumped out of my hands she ran for the fence and just about made it over before i grabed her. Felt like id picked up a whole sticker bush. Still to this day she cant go outside even with a leash shes just way to scared.

Bobble so far he hasnt scared me im sure he will pull some crazy stunt soon with the way hes going.... (hes my trouble maker)

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Well.. my SCARIEST experiece.. (it still haunts me in my sleep)...

Is one time I brought MJ to my mom's house (an hour away from me) and she disappeared. I panicked and had to call off work the next day in order to buy 'extra' time to find my baby. I made a post on here for help on any ideas on how to find her. I stayed up the entire night, crying and pleading for her to come out from wherever she was... I searched EVERYWHERE and still couldn't find her. My mom has 5 big dogs in her home, so everytime I would look at one of them, it would make me sick to my stomach as I'd have bad image of what could've happened. The next morning at 8am.. she came out under her dresser (which I checked 10 times with a flaslight!) ! After that day, I bought a leash for everytime we would go places.

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
i have two scary experiances. the 1st was when i though brandy was going to die after she had gotten coccidea and wouldent eat she was so skinny and weak we gave her jumpstart and reptaid and she is fine now really small but fine.
2nd a really fast dubia roach had escaped my grasp while i was trying to feed it to ricco. of course the little bugger high tails it up my arm and towards my face with ricco with his jaws open tounge sticking out trying to grab the roach in hot persuit!
well one more that turned out badly it still haunts me and i wish i could go back in time and prevent it from happening. diablo my very first beardie she lived in a 40 breeder tank and i still dont know what happened but somehow she spooked or startled or something and dashed across the tank hitting the glass hard and fractured her back. i rushed her to the vet but it was bad those x-rays are forever burned in my mind all we could do for her was to put her down.i didnint own a beardie for nearly 10yrs after that as i blamed myself for her loss

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
ez2bbad64":3d39b said:
i have two scary experiances. the 1st was when i though brandy was going to die after she had gotten coccidea and wouldent eat she was so skinny and weak we gave her jumpstart and reptaid and she is fine now really small but fine.
2nd a really fast dubia roach had escaped my grasp while i was trying to feed it to ricco. of course the little bugger high tails it up my arm and towards my face with ricco with his jaws open tounge sticking out trying to grab the roach in hot persuit!
well one more that turned out badly it still haunts me and i wish i could go back in time and prevent it from happening. diablo my very first beardie she lived in a 40 breeder tank and i still dont know what happened but somehow she spooked or startled or something and dashed across the tank hitting the glass hard and fractured her back. i rushed her to the vet but it was bad those x-rays are forever burned in my mind all we could do for her was to put her down.i didnint own a beardie for nearly 10yrs after that as i blamed myself for her loss

:cry:

Serrameth

Original Poster
ez2bbad64":8c061 said:

very sad!

i had another one the other day.. charlie is just a baby yet and i was trying to handle him so i could bathe him... he desided today was not bath day and leaped out of my hands (4 feet high) smacked theside of his tank and hit the floor!!...i almost died! he is fine of course..resilient little buggers!

snowdragon

Hatchling Member
I had just gotten a leatherback and I was cleaning her cage and when I was done I forgot to close the door and left. About 30 mins later I walk in and she was gone. My cat was in the room with her the whole time and I went crazy mad looking for her. I tore the place up and could not find her. I gave up and went back about 10 mins later just to do a little search again and found her safe and sound. She has also jumped out of my hands when I have had her outside and ran straight to the bushes... :banghead: Thank god my wife helped me catch her.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
When I discovered Bella laying eggs in her viv. I had adopted her and was told she was a male. . so it was scarey to say the least lol. Thank god for BD.org!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom