Scale problem or normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofdroop

Hey y’all, I’ve recently noticed the end of Archie’s tail has changed color and I’ve been really stressed about it. I’m trying to avoid a vet visit right now and am looking for guidance.

The scales toward the end of her tail have gotten darker and it almost looks like they are turning black on the underside of them. There are a couple with black spots on the top too. Her coloring hasn’t really changed anywhere else either which is why I’m a little concerned.

She is my first beardie and is around 2 years old. It doesn’t necessarily look like tail rot comparing it to pictures I’ve seen but I’m not really sure what else or how serious it might be. Any help or info would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• CFF139B0-896A-4D2D-A863-0E7DEEBDE989.jpeg
    CFF139B0-896A-4D2D-A863-0E7DEEBDE989.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 76

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey y’all, I’ve recently noticed the end of Archie’s tail has changed color and I’ve been really stressed about it. I’m trying to avoid a vet visit right now and am looking for guidance.

The scales toward the end of her tail have gotten darker and it almost looks like they are turning black on the underside of them. There are a couple with black spots on the top too. Her coloring hasn’t really changed anywhere else either which is why I’m a little concerned.

She is my first beardie and is around 2 years old. It doesn’t necessarily look like tail rot comparing it to pictures I’ve seen but I’m not really sure what else or how serious it might be. Any help or info would be very much appreciated.
Looks like shed coming on - I dont see any nips bites or injury to the tail itself - tail rot usually starts w/ that - I can have AHBD take a look for sure
@AHBD

Hoofdroop

Original Poster
Looks like shed coming on - I dont see any nips bites or injury to the tail itself - tail rot usually starts w/ that - I can have AHBD take a look for sure
@AHBD

Oh that’s a huge relief! I’ve never seen her shed start this way, but am glad to know it looks normal. Thank you so much for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom