Scale discolouration

scottishbeardie

Beardie name(s)
Kugo
Hi everyone!
New to the forum so please bear with me.
My 6 month old male has developed some discolouration above his left eye.
I first noticed it at the start of July where it looked as if he was just going into shed as it was a little white patch. However it’s gotten darker over the weeks, hasn’t changed in size or shape.
No pain when I touch and it he doesn’t seem bothered. Someone had suggested it was his pigmentation changing but I’m not convinced. Have attached photos at various stages for you to have a look.
He is perfectly healthy in all other aspects, eats well, poops almost daily.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• 8693030B-A723-4BFB-AD46-AC7021AF3FAF.jpg
    8693030B-A723-4BFB-AD46-AC7021AF3FAF.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 103
  • FBCAB93F-2415-4AA4-8A8A-E142DB506899.jpg
    FBCAB93F-2415-4AA4-8A8A-E142DB506899.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 80
  • ECE083C3-F6E5-4A6B-8BAB-69C805E5FE8F.jpg
    ECE083C3-F6E5-4A6B-8BAB-69C805E5FE8F.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 2E9D8771-C4A2-4866-ABC2-22918DFBB8F8.jpg
    2E9D8771-C4A2-4866-ABC2-22918DFBB8F8.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 81

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone!
New to the forum so please bear with me.
My 6 month old male has developed some discolouration above his left eye.
I first noticed it at the start of July where it looked as if he was just going into shed as it was a little white patch. However it’s gotten darker over the weeks, hasn’t changed in size or shape.
No pain when I touch and it he doesn’t seem bothered. Someone had suggested it was his pigmentation changing but I’m not convinced. Have attached photos at various stages for you to have a look.
He is perfectly healthy in all other aspects, eats well, poops almost daily.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Hes going to shed --- I see his legs are shedding as well --- they shed weird sometimes

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post a picture of his tank setup? Do you ever let him out to roam the house or anything like that?

It does look odd.
It's possible it's a bruise, a small burn, or even some weird pigmentation going on. At this point, I don't think it's shed, especially since it's been like that for near a month.

-Brandon

scottishbeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kugo
Can you post a picture of his tank setup? Do you ever let him out to roam the house or anything like that?

It does look odd.
It's possible it's a bruise, a small burn, or even some weird pigmentation going on. At this point, I don't think it's shed, especially since it's been like that for near a month.

-Brandon
Hi Brandon. Yes have attached a photo of his set up below. The basking lamp looks red in the pic but it’s just a normal 75w bulb. He gets out to play quite a lot he likes to sit up at the window and roams about the livingroom. I did think it was maybe a bruise as he likes to climb on everything and sometimes falls 🤦🏻‍♀️ I agree I didn’t think it was shed anymore either.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• CC03AEC8-8838-466D-881A-A49E41B1B535.jpeg
    CC03AEC8-8838-466D-881A-A49E41B1B535.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 75

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Setup looks fine, only concern is if he is able to touch the basking bulb. If he can, it's possible he burned himself.

Either way, I'd keep an eye on it and make sure the spot isn't growing. Does his vision in that eye seem to be effected at all?

-Brandon

scottishbeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kugo
Setup looks fine, only concern is if he is able to touch the basking bulb. If he can, it's possible he burned himself.

Either way, I'd keep an eye on it and make sure the spot isn't growing. Does his vision in that eye seem to be effected at all?

-Brandon
I’ve never seen him near enough to touch it to be honest he doesn’t even really hang out much under the basking spot usually on his bridge or hammock.
It’s never got any bigger or changed shape just changed colour. Doesn’t bother when I touch it and his eyesight seems fine too

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom