scale damage any ideas on what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie Rufus just finished shedding the feet and all was fine and dandy until I looked under her foot. Just one of her scales around the heel area seems to have either come off in the shed or is still premature. What I'm seeing is not flesh, but a premature scale if you know what I mean that is pinkish. She is acting normal and seems to be in no pain. Again it is just one scale not a whole area. I have a vet visit scheduled for my bear dies next tuesday. I do remember my other bd having a similar problem on most of one of her fingers and she recovered well because at the time I was away on vacation. I can't post pictures because photo bucket is not supported on my phone (It is an android). Please Help!

These are occasional injuries that can happen any time and are relatively minor. Just make sure that the area is not raw. If it is, apply some cornstarch to help clot the blood, like you would do with nail cutting. Keep his tank as clean as possible to avoid possible infection.

Just keep an eye on it and take pictures for yourself so you can see if it gets better or worse - sometimes I forget how something looked a couple days ago. I make notes of this stuff in my calendar so if he gets sick I can tell the vet exactly when symptoms started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom