Scabs from rock

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
So in my 120 gallon, I have 4 big rocks that I have stacked up and ones an incline, my beardie will jab and try to eat the rock, its sandstone, ill provide a pick the the rocks and her mouth, idk if its just a scab from the rocks or mouth rot, it was darker and feels scab like but its gotten lighter.

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 64
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So in my 120 gallon, I have 4 big rocks that I have stacked up and ones an incline, my beardie will jab and try to eat the rock, its sandstone, ill provide a pick the the rocks and her mouth, idk if its just a scab from the rocks or mouth rot, it was darker and feels scab like but its gotten lighter.
That looks like it comes from glass surfing or rubbing - Hiccup has one of those on his mouth as well -- from glass surfing -- its not mouth rot

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
That looks like it comes from glass surfing or rubbing - Hiccup has one of those on his mouth as well -- from glass surfing -- its not mouth rot
I rarely see her glass surf now that I moved her out of a 40 gallon but it very well could be, I just know she tries to eat the rocks so lol im just being extra cautious and hoping all is well, it gived her the perfect height between her basking and UVB, she sleeps up there only gets down to eat and drink she climbs on the steps, she makes those 4 rocks a playground for herself and there setup in a way that between the tower and the incline she has a space to lay down in there, she loves it and I was hoping I wouldn't have to take them away from her because she's trying to eat them then having her mouth be all sabbed.Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I rarely see her glass surf now that I moved her out of a 40 gallon but it very well could be, I just know she tries to eat the rocks so lol im just being extra cautious and hoping all is well, it gived her the perfect height between her basking and UVB, she sleeps up there only gets down to eat and drink she climbs on the steps, she makes those 4 rocks a playground for herself and there setup in a way that between the tower and the incline she has a space to lay down in there, she loves it and I was hoping I wouldn't have to take them away from her because she's trying to eat them then having her mouth be all sabbed.Thank you!
If shes trying to eat the rocks shes lacking something in her diet -- what supplements are you feeding?

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
If shes trying to eat the rocks shes lacking something in her diet -- what supplements are you feeding?
I dust her bugs in calcium with Vitamin D and without, I alternate those. I feed her a variety so BSFL and a couple wax worms occasionally in the mornings, and dubias for dinner and hornworms for dinner. I have greens in there 24/7, she will only eat kale but within the kale is bell peppers and carrots, she always has a water bowl in there as well, It might be because one of the rocks has holes like swiss cheese but it doesnt go all the way through the rock lol and I cleaned the rock but she jabs at those holes maybe thinking she thinks theres something in there. Please correct her diet if im off

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dust her bugs in calcium with Vitim D and without, I alternate those. I feed her a variety so BSFL and a couple wax worms occasionally in the mornings, and dubias for dinner and hornworms for dinner. I have greens in there 24/7, she will only eat kale but within the kale is bell peppers and carrots, she always has a water bowl in there as well, It might be because one of the rocks has holes like swiss cheese but it doesnt go all the way through the rock lol and I cleaned the rock but she jabs at those holes maybe thinking she thinks theres something in there. Please correct her diet if im off
Ok let's have ahbd chime in on this
@AHBD

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If your not giving a multivitamin, you should add that to her diet 3 to 4 days per week

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom