Scab on beardies leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryhart

Hi hoping to get some advice, my beardie is 7 month old and has a scab on his back leg, looks to me like a build up of shed that hasn’t came off properly, any advice?? Iv attached a photo
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 102

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi hoping to get some advice, my beardie is 7 month old and has a scab on his back leg, looks to me like a build up of shed that hasn’t came off properly, any advice?? Iv attached a photo
Thanks
That looks suspicious gonna have ahbd look at - can you post a pic if his tank set up w/ lighting please - what substrate are you using?
@AHBD

Kerryhart

Original Poster
That looks suspicious gonna have ahbd look at - can you post a pic if his tank set up w/ lighting please - what substrate are you using?
@AHBD
Hi thanks for your reply, I’m using beardielife substrate, recommended by the pet shop owner we got beardie from, also he told us the set up was correct and we took all his advise on lighting etc. Here is a pic of set up. Please note it is due to be cleaned out in the next couple of days, family is just getting over Covid.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 69

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi thanks for your reply, I’m using beardielife substrate, recommended by the pet shop owner we got beardie from, also he told us the set up was correct and we took all his advise on lighting etc. Here is a pic of set up. Please note it is due to be cleaned out in the next couple of days, family is just getting over Covid. View attachment 66870 View attachment 66871
Ok so what we recommend on this forum is a CLEAR bright white basking bulb NO off white or yellowish bulb No colored bulbs No day time bulbs -- your UVB is what brand and bulb please and I see its not in a fixture w/ a reflector w/ the way the UVB is now in there your dragon is not really getting any UVB those rays are bouncing all over the tank --you want a fixture w/ a reflector so it shines the rays downward toward him to be more beneficial to him -- these things I am posting about are crucial to the over all health and behavior of your dragon --- the UVB bulb has certain distance it needs to be -- the basking bulb is awful close as well -- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them -- please NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- you need two digital probe thermometers in the tank and if your using a IR gun that is good but you want those digital probes theyre going to give you more accurate temps--
examples of a clear bright white basking bulb would be a Exo Terra Intense basking bulb or Zoo Med Reptibasking - but any CLEAR bright white bulb will work -- you just dont want the day time bulbs they have a coating on them called neoyidium that is not good for the eyes -- if you need more help w/ the UVB please ask but we need the info on the bulb your using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom