Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

onceblue

Hatchling Member
I love all these pictures. They're so inspiring! I hope to be able to take my beardie on camping trips and such when he's older :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's a lot of fun camping with them! They're really no trouble at all, if you're prepared!

That reminds me Deb, time to turn the timers down for everyone now that's it's getting darker sooner :( Right now they go off around 8, the girls are usually looking for snuggle spots by 6:30 though, unless I get them outside in the sun...ugh that's so early! Starling will be a year old in a couple weeks so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to sleep the long sleep too. I hope not though!

Also some fun stuff, yesterday was my 5 year anniversary at work (was a holiday though so we were off). Today my boss stopped by with a bonus check and a free day off, woohoo! And then when I do my annual review within the next month or so, I'll hopefully have a small raise and another week of vacation time added on. I've been waiting so impatiently for that extra week, hard for Nate and I to make vacation plans when I only have 10 days and he has 20 (which doesn't include sick days, unlike mine).

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats on 5 years. I hit 23 years this year! Once I hit my 20th year I got 5 weeks vacation, plus 3 days personal days & that doesn't include sick days, short term or long term. Good think, I have ankle surgery coming up quickly, Sept 24. Saw the surgeon today and he's talking 2-3 mo recovery time. Guess I'll have to stop my savings plan for a couple of months. I get 8 weeks 100% salary, then it dives down to 75%, ugh. Time to get what I need for the "kids", like lights and worms, before that happens.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi all! Sorry for my long absence @_@ Lots of stuff has happened, main thing being my work moved offices and instead of having an office I'm now in a cube situation, and also the web filter blocked the forums which is where I did a good chunk of my posting :roll:

So here's a quick run down:

1. Nate and I almost got divorced at the end of September. I won't go into detail except to say 1. it wasn't cheating (I'd never forgive that) 2. we are ok now and 3. he is lucky I love him so much :p

2. I've lost about 30 pounds :) Still have another 20 or so that I need to lose.

3. I had surgery in February. Nothing major or life threatening.

4. Our dog Guinness died in January unexpectedly :( He was old but healthy, we think he had a stroke. We had him cremated and he is up on the mantle with my sweet Scully.

5. We did our usual Xmas vacation in CA with my family, except this time we went up to my mom's condo in Mammoth and went skiing. Missed by bro, he was deployed in Iraq somewhere.

6. We did a dive vacation for a week in Cozumel with my mom and her husband and a bunch of people from our dive shop. It was amazing.

7. Last week we went out and visited my bro, his gf, my mom, and her husband in San Fran over Easter. That was also amazing, we sailed under the Golden Gate bridge and toured Napa in a limo.

8. Nate's grandma passed away on Tuesday :( It's sad but she'd been declining for awhile. Funeral is next Saturday, cabin won't be the same without her.

I think that's about all the major stuff. The rest of the crew, lizards and cats, are all doing fine. Winter was mild, snow is melted now but still to cold to bring anyone outside.

We have plans for the summer, mostly involving being outdoors a lot, getting our rescue diver certifications, camping more. I probably won't post as often anymore just because sitting down at my PC and typing this stuff out is challenging enough, lol! But I'll try and check in and get up to date with everyone.

I don't have many pics since it got cold which means no outdoor photos :( but I'll post a few!

Daedalus a few weeks ago (she was angry at Starling)
DSC_0039_zpsh9fqssai.jpg

My Star girl, all grown up!
DSC_0032_zpsms58w7ob.jpg

Mulder <3
DSC_0946_zpsvjoxk76n.jpg

Ponzu and Starling, Mulder and Starling (and yea they still all get along just fine)
DSC_0931_zpsvsfaoobs.jpg

DSC_0919_zpsfkxellbo.jpg

Our Xmas card this year!
christmas%20cards_zpsimvxe9mb.jpg

And Nate and I at Joseph Phelps Winery :)
DSC_0063_zpswbb1agj5.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back! I'm looking forward to following their adventures and seeing more camping photos this summer =)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Great to hear from you. Only change in my place is my Leo passed away, tumour in his belly. And in Jan I brought home Impulse, known as Imp. I never buy from a pet shop but couldn't resist this little guy. He spends his outside time perched on my shoulder. He's small for a 5 mo old, had a bad start at the pet shop, he's now 123g (as of last week) and 13" long, but think he's grown again this week.
Got mad at me for not letting him get off my bed, too many places for a little guy to hide! But he sure has a big beard when he wants to.
11887-8995322468.jpg
11887-449449206.jpg
11887-2092828052.jpg

I'm glad you and Nate got your marriage sorted out & that picture of the two of you is great! You look really good, losing weight is difficult, so congrats!

I'm sorry about your grandmother, too, it's hard even when they're declining.

Sounds like the trips you made were awesome!

Glad to hear Starling, Sarth and Daeds as well as Mulder & Ponzu are all doing well. Starling has such great colours.

Castiel, that I got from a friend from Louisiana last June is now my biggest dragon. He's 18 mo old, 20 1/2" long and 600g. He thinks he rules the roost, so does Nathaniel, but Gabriel (who will be 6 in Dec, time just flied) is the real boss :lol:

Hope to hear from you from time to time, for sure camping pictures. The diving sounds like it's going well, too.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh Deb, sorry to hear about Leo :( I remember when you got Castiel, I'll have to stop by your thread to see how big he's gotten! And Imp is such a cutie!

Some nice days coming up finally, warm enough to get the girls out. I took them out for about 10 minutes today even though it was overcast and a bit windy, was still warm. Had to divert Daedles from biting Starling :roll: She really does not like her! Starling could care less. Daedles bobs at her and scrabbles at the glass, jumps on her when they're out together. Besides puffing her beard Starling never retaliates. Still to this day, no black beard! And I've had her for nearly a year now. She's odd, that one :lol:

Speaking of a year, Scully's 1 year death was on the 11th :( I still think about her every day, and cry nearly every day in the car on my way home from work. I miss her so much and time doesn't seem to be softening the blow just yet.

Thanks for listening, I'll be back soon, hopefully with some pics!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Jen, I know the feeling, felt the same with I lost Rubio and that was back in 2014, so 2 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss my big boy. I grieved over all the losses (6 dragons in 2 1/2 yrs) but he was the worst. There's always one dragon that you miss the most.

Imp is getting bigger, her 158g at last weigh in last Monday. He'll be a year old in September. And Castiel is huge, he's 20 1/2" long and close to 600g, he's my GQ dragon, so elegant but he just goes NUTS when Cierra it out on the ramp, he's got the biggest black beard and trashes his tank every time she's out (which is every morning). He'll be 2 yrs old in September.

Gabriel is 5 1/2, time just flies. Nathaniel (Cierra's brother) is also 2 1/2. Their birthdays are all in December.

And I'm back to work f/t was off for 4 mo after ankle surgery. I can walk without a limp. So all back to normal. Sure is good to get a full time chq again.

And for sure, visit when you can, just don't go back too many pages, it's over 500 pages long now!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear you're doing better Deb! :)

So we had a successful first camping trip last weekend! Weather was beautiful, no mosquitoes. Starling enjoyed prowling our campsite. The campground had a bunch of hiking trails and she actually did really well riding on my shoulder.

Everyone else is doing good! I just wanted to share some pics :)

Campsite prowler
DSC_0207_zpshmalcgeo.jpg

DSC_0212_zpseiaz9jja.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsk90vhqzk.jpg

When it was still a bit too chilly in the morning!
IMG_20160521_091202825_HDR_zpsxhizwxuv.jpg

How she hung out on our hikes
IMG_20160521_113325025_zpsgctg042h.jpg

DSC_0223_zpsxkixygbf.jpg

Getting cozy after being out all day
IMG_20160521_174527648_zpsrqsk4qzw.jpg

Out on the trail
DSC_0229_zpsmdpmh6sn.jpg

Cooling off in a little stream!
DSC_0235_zpsqd8m16yq.jpg

DSC_0244_zpssptwgsor.jpg

DSC_0245_zpsd4ug3n2c.jpg

Home on Sunday, she was ready to curl up and go to sleep by 5 :lol:
IMG_20160522_195432989_zps77v526kr.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed! Another camping trip next week. There aren't nice hiking trails at this campground like the one we were just at, I should be able to still get some good pics though ^_^

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for sharing, loved all the pics, so nice that Starling likes to be out and about with you camping. What a great life for a dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom