Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not too much new stuff here to report. I got my phone back, but I've still been having fun with my regular camera!

Daedalus and Sarth are both finishing up semi full body sheds. Daed's fat pads are filling in, jury's out on whether or not she may be making a fresh batch of eggs though, lets hope not!

Starling is still growing, I measured her yesterday and she was 16.5 inches. I think she may end up being on the smaller side. I can't help but compare her to Scully, who was already 16 inches at only 3 months, 19 inches at 1 year o_O Starling will be turning 10 months tomorrow. Scully had huuuuuge parents though, so comparing them isn't very fair!

So today in just a couple hours Nate and I are going camping/diving for the weekend, same place as we did last year. Starling is coming up, this will be her first camp experience! It's supposed to be beautiful with mid 80's and sunny today-Sunday, so plenty of basking outside for her. We had a hectic weekend last week with my mom visiting and his sister getting married, so we're really looking forward to getting away and spending some quality us time together!

I will update with how Starling did probably on Monday. For now here are some more pics!

I call these ones of Starling "Danger danger everywhere!"
IMG_1715_zpspkrjtmic.jpg

IMG_1716_zpsmz75fxrl.jpg

IMG_1717_zpsk67toqnn.jpg

IMG_1718_zps5gsoxx1w.jpg

IMG_1719_zpsgsdlimkc.jpg

And some Mulder and Ponzu of course
IMG_1711_zpshhkud8ge.jpg

IMG_1723_zpsyg0rgsry.jpg

IMG_1725_zpsrrnu6jod.jpg

IMG_1726_zps9np6a6pn.jpg

IMG_1731_zpskkw9ylq1.jpg

IMG_1732_zpsobzt9a9t.jpg

Have a good weekend all!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You, too, enjoy your weekend away! Loved all the pictures, Muldar is getting big and Ponzu is so fluffy! Starling is getting really red and you can't judge her at 10 mo old, she has until 2 to be full grown, she might surprise you. But I know what you mean, Castiel is the same age and he's 19 1/2" long and 496g, he's already the size of his daddy, so he should get a bit bigger. Nathaniel is pouting about the "outisder" but Cierra wants to mate with him, she was flirting with him the other day, the hussy :lol:

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow, hussy indeed! What a naughty girl!

Well camping went off without a hitch! Only snafu was shortly after we arrived and were getting the tent set up, it started pouring -_- I had Starling sitting on a chair with a cover over it, but the wind changed a bit and must have been hitting her, because next thing I know I look over and she's no where to be seen! A quick couple minute search (which I'm proud to say I kept my cool and didn't panic) and I found her hunched under a bush. Fortunately she's very easy to see against the bright green foliage. So I stuck her in the car until the sun came back out, then she had to wear the leash for a bit, which she hated, but that's what she gets!

I let her be off leash after that for the next couple days and she did fine. She loves slithering through the grass and exploring, so I would just watch her and go grab her if she got out too far. When we were diving during the day, she hung out in the tent. It was mid 80s all 3 days and sunny (except for the brief spat of rain) so she got in lots of natural sunlight and basking.

So all in all, pretty successful trip! She'll be a fine camp lizard. She's not yet comfortable enough to eat anything we offer to her, hopefully that will come in time though!

Here are a few pics!
IMG_20150724_133721848_TOP_zpszbfd4afo.jpg

IMG_20150724_183106027_HDR_zpsoww27x7j.jpg

Gettin dinner ready!
IMG_20150724_183319176_HDR_zps8foouzec.jpg

IMG_20150724_183644401_zpswnbkggnb.jpg

IMG_20150724_190239514_HDR_zpscp2zzvby.jpg

She had no issues curling up in Scully's nice comfy cave when it was bed time
IMG_20150724_191410567_HDR_zpsrxu6ovkt.jpg

IMG_20150724_200020578_zpspjh8lokn.jpg

Saturday she came with us to town to fill our dive tanks...ended up at this restaurant and it was too hot to keep her in the car, so I stuffed her in my purse (she didn't really fit!) and we made it to a table before she came bursting out of it, lol. I made her sit up against my leg so that the servers wouldn't notice her.
IMG_20150725_142207142_zpswbpixddv.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you had a good weekend, Starling is just so bright 8) Need sunglasses to look at her LOL

Thanks for the pics, they all turned out so well!

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
OMG! This past weekend was Dalia's first camping trip too! I'll have to wait until later because my Ipad that has all of the photos died this afternoon.

Starling is so beautiful! I loled at the restaurant photos, because similar situation happened when we stopped at the vet up north for my dog. The doc came in saw Dalia and said in a very joking tone, "We don't really take those." Since their vet office is mostly farm, dogs and cats. It's a small vet clinic which is why we love it for our dogs.

Glad to hear you had a good time :]

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kmc4392":1diirwzo said:
OMG! This past weekend was Dalia's first camping trip too! I'll have to wait until later because my Ipad that has all of the photos died this afternoon.

Starling is so beautiful! I loled at the restaurant photos, because similar situation happened when we stopped at the vet up north for my dog. The doc came in saw Dalia and said in a very joking tone, "We don't really take those." Since their vet office is mostly farm, dogs and cats. It's a small vet clinic which is why we love it for our dogs.

Glad to hear you had a good time :]
Oh how fun! I love camping with my beardies. Scully was such a great camp lizard for the few years she was with us, so I hope Starling can pick up where she left off. We have another trip next weekend she'll be coming along with again. Let me know when you post your pics, I'd love to see them!
sweetiepie9":1diirwzo said:
I'm glad you had a good weekend, Starling is just so bright 8) Need sunglasses to look at her LOL

Thanks for the pics, they all turned out so well!
She is quite the vivid one! We'll have to see what colors her next shed bring out, I'm hoping her beard will completely fill in with those lovely autumn orange/red colors!

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
JenFid":30sbjg9w said:
Oh how fun! I love camping with my beardies. Scully was such a great camp lizard for the few years she was with us, so I hope Starling can pick up where she left off. We have another trip next weekend she'll be coming along with again. Let me know when you post your pics, I'd love to see them!

I just posted some pics from the weekend! I hope to have more time this year to go up north. Dalia really liked it, aside from her temporary tank which is smaller than the one she is used to at home.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just a couple days away from camping trip #2 with Starling. It's been an amazing week here weather wise, high 70s-low 80s, no humidity. Unfortunately last week it was high 80s and humid, so the horn worms I got last Thursday grew so fast, like literally one day they were too small to feed, the next day they had eaten all their food and there's still 30 left :shock: I fed everyone until they couldn't eat anymore (shocking right?!) and then left a few in their tanks for snacks, and I still had about 10 left in the cups still, lol. Finally finished feeding them off this morning.
I do have reptiworms on the way but those are for Linus and I only ordered 100. I have some supers left though so everyone will get some of those before we leave Friday morning.

It's been over a month since Daed's last clutch so I think it's safe to say she's done for the season. Hard to believe it's already August. I think in Sept I'll bring both girls in to the vet for a check up.

Here's a few pics. I had Starling out just briefly yesterday while the sun was going down, made for some nice coloring on her :)

IMG_1820_zpsvzdpbcnn.jpg

IMG_1824_zpsa9vs0vq8.jpg

IMG_1817_zpsjpyq04gl.jpg

IMG_1815_zpspyqxyv9x.jpg

Ponzu had to join the girls on the lawn to bask :lol:
IMG_20150729_180503_zpsmpk7exy3.jpg

IMG_1745_zpsgqovywnb.jpg

IMG_1593_zpsynnmfsu3.jpg

Just ignore the hornworm mung on her beard!
IMG_1825_zpsklxakcdk.jpg

IMG_1827_zpstcoksxrx.jpg

Will update with camping fun on Monday :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Nice pictures, especially of Daeds & Starling, she sure pops in colour when the sun is going down! And your sweet kittens are so cute. Muldar's ears especiallly :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":5khjoejq said:
Nice pictures, especially of Daeds & Starling, she sure pops in colour when the sun is going down! And your sweet kittens are so cute. Muldar's ears especiallly :D
Yes those Sphynx ears, we call them satellite dishes, they are so large!

Well camping weekend #2 was mostly a success. Sadly most of Friday and Saturday it was cold and chilly, with rain on Saturday morning. The sun broke through enough for Starling to get some basking, otherwise she stayed tucked under my jacket or my MIL's jacket. Sunday was gorgeous, too bad that's the day we packed up and left!
Starling had a nice big meal of reptiworms the morning we left but hasn't shown interest in food since we've been back (she didn't eat at all on the trip). I left some reptis in her tank this morning, I think yesterday and Sunday evening she was all tuckered out from her long weekend, so hopefully today she's recovered enough to feel like eating. I gave her a dose of vits and calcium yesterday and took her and Daedles outside for a bit of sun. I just ordered some horn worms, so those should be here by Friday hopefully.

Sarth, Daeds, and the kittens seemed to fare well enough without us, although not happily, especially in Daeds and Mulder's case, lol! Mulder was beside himself with happiness to see us, and Daeds of course started glass dancing as soon as she saw me. Sarth and Ponzu are a bit more aloof ;)

Car ride up!
IMG_20150807_103104590_zps7vdak4we.jpg

Of course we stop to get some beer, Starling drew quite the gathering from employees and customers both in the tap room (2nd + 3rd pic taken with my "real" camera)
IMG_20150807_133237051_zpsx8c4gx4n.jpg

IMG_1832_zpsyefcwxrt.jpg

IMG_1836_zpsar0rh0sg.jpg

Heading to dive on Saturday and a bit of sun, hence the puffers
IMG_20150808_135255035_TOP_zpsqwhdhld0.jpg

Saturday evening we finally got some sun
IMG_20150808_180831912_HDR_zpsp4yooyhs.jpg

IMG_20150808_183913886_zpsjktps1ut.jpg

IMG_20150808_183920866_HDR_zpsa3hijsj6.jpg

Looks like we've got a week of high 80s and clear skies. The girls will love that, I'll have to get Sarth out too!

edit, posted one pic twice!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Looks like it was a good weekend for you. And your babies at home were so glad to see you. When I got back, Cierra glared at me all day Monday!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":eec37qx5 said:
Looks like it was a good weekend for you. And your babies at home were so glad to see you. When I got back, Cierra glared at me all day Monday!
Awe well, I'm sure she's forgiven you by now ;)

Not too much going on here. With the end of August coming up I'm anticipating Sarth is going to start brumating any day now. I actually thought he was already down for the count this weekend, when it had been three days straight of this:
IMG_20150817_070609064_zpsx72myvfp.jpg

But when I got home yesterday evening he was out on his branch just hanging out and went bananas when I offered him some horn worms.

A weird weather week for us this week - raining all day yesterday and today with temps in the 60s. Should clear up and be warm tomorrow and Friday, then 100% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, where a good friend of ours is getting married. Hopefully this is the last wedding for awhile!

If you didn't see my post in the general discussion, last year at a dive event, I did an interview about diving...I had Scully with me of course and the interviewer thought she was just the coolest! They aired it just this past Sunday. I was so surprised the attention he gave my little girl, I got choked up and had to re-watch it a couple times. It just reminds me how much I still miss Scully.

Here is the video, we are around the 5:20 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gwFbCcDLc

Let's see. For my birthday my parents and Nate all contributed some $ for a REAL real camera for me (Nikon D3300). I've found that I really love taking pics of the animals/nature stuff and the point and shoot that I use for diving was just so limiting (have to be super close to everything). It's getting here tomorrow, can't wait to start learning!

Going in to the Dr today to get my leg checked out. Last year in the Bahamas I got a pretty bad bug bite on my leg that ended up doing what I'm assuming is some nerve damage. Lost some feeling and it would be numbish/tingly every now and then, but otherwise it didn't bother me. The past few weeks though the tingling has turned into a kind of hot/burning/lancing pain, and there's a lot of pain there when I wake up in the morning too. Both Nate and I can feel a small lump...so we'll see what the doc says. It hardly bothers me during the day, the worst seems to be in the evenings and then in the morning when I get up, which I'm guessing must be from my leg sitting all night or something. UGH, I hope it is nothing bad :(

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
That's awesome your girl got some TV time :]

Sorry to hear about your leg, hope everything is ok when you go see the doc :/

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
My husband and I enjoyed the video. We are glad to see Scully on the video. Minnesota is pretty. I don't think I'd like to live there because of the severe cold in the winter, also I assume it's a lot more humid in the summer than we have here, even in the monsoon season.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That was a great video, Jen. Glad Scully got some TV time.

Sorry to hear about your weather, hopefully it warms up for you.

Keep me posted about your leg, k?

Glad to see that Sarth isn't down for the count yet...but you're right, it's getting to be that time of the year. I'm wondering if Gabriel will brumate this year, last year he lasted all of 2 weeks :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom