Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your girls are so funny, especially Scully and that tat is fabulous, love the flowers added to it. Can't wait to see it completed!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
htidavid":1837hjwm said:
Beardies can eat Bacon and Eggs? :lol:
Oh yes, eggs at least! I always give her some on the weekend when I make them for myself. The other 2 hate it but Daeds goes crazy when she sees me coming with egg, lol. I only let her eat a couple pieces of the bacon though, we rarely have it in the house for ourselves.

I'm going back in to the shop on Friday to get more work done, hopefully we'll knock out the cactus!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well it's only been about a week or so since my last update, but we finally had a break in the weather this weekend and it's been WARM since Friday! So of course I took the girls outside and got lots of pics! Sarth got to come out too but he spent the whole time dark and trying to make himself skinny, not the best for pics, lol.

Pretty uneventful for the most part. The girls seem to get along fine outside for now, probably because they're on sensory overload. Although yesterday evening after they'd been out for awhile and adjusted Scully threw some head bobs towards Daeds :roll:
They got to free roam the yard. Privacy fence means they'll a hard time escaping! They both had a great time running around and exploring.

Anyway here's lots of pics!

And a couple of my latest tat session :)

Hope you enjoyed the pics! Yay spring is finally here!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks both of you ;) I forgot to mention one very important detail, which is that SARTH IS EATING AGAIN!! I ordered some supers for this neat little suction cup feeder I got. He scarfed 16 day one and has been eating about 5 a day since. I'm not sure if it's the supers themselves or if something clicked and he decided he was hungry for something other than a few bites of greens a day. Either way getting him fattened up as much as possible before he changes his mind again :p

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that is great news, Sarth is eating again, I know it's been a long winter for you with him not eating. I started giving my crew Acidophiluz+ and they're all eating a lot more, too. It was so good to see! Now, Sarth, keep up the good work and get really fat!!!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Does that help with their appetite Deb? I thought that was a de-wormer or something like that.

Also another update, I think Scully is getting ready to lay some eggs! She has been super restless since Monday, and I came home from work yesterday to a dessicated tank (more so than usual at least). She doesn't want to bask any longer than it takes her to get a bit warm, not interested in food. I'm home sick from work today and she is just tearing around the house, which is good I guess she needs the exercise! The kicker was she took a brief break this morning and was digging up a storm in my blanket. I remember when Daeds went through this and it took a few weeks before she was actually ready to lay eggs. She's even stopped being territorial towards Daeds for the time being. So I guess we'll see what happens!

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Heya, just ran across your thread, looks like I have some catching up to do!
Random question... Are you a Stargate fan? I recognize one of your beardie's names....

They are so cute! Love the bead necklace. ^.^

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueMorpho":2sjtvyms said:
Heya, just ran across your thread, looks like I have some catching up to do!
Random question... Are you a Stargate fan? I recognize one of your beardie's names....

They are so cute! Love the bead necklace. ^.^
Stargate? Naah...Sarth is from WoW, Daedalus is the craftsman/father of Icarus and his wings (greek Mythology) and Scully is from the X-Files :). I know my Daeds is a female but I did not name her originally, lol ;)

I hope you like my thread and all my pics!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Acidophuliz is a great lizard probiotic, it's a liquid and it seems to have helped my boys perk up. They get some when they get their baths, Titan gets some most days and it helped him get through the Baytril time, just stopped him eating and he's just too small for that. Now he's back eating like a champ, which is great.

Sure sounds like Scully is carrying, you'll have to see if she starts the small poops all over the house, that was always the first clue that Sweetie was getting ready to lay.

I just love the pics of your crew, can never get enough of them!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hmm I'll have to order some of that and give it a try then!

I bought some sand for Scully this morning. I'm at the shop now getting my tat worked on and Nate just tested me that's she's already laid her first egg! More updates on that when I get home!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well it's been a long evening but Scully successfully laid 20 more eggs! I'd say the first half were hard for her, I could hear her grunting every time she was getting ready to push one out, lol! And the best part is none of them were broken, so no panic about getting her to a vet :) She's soaking in a nice warm bath now. She drank a bunch of water. Hoping the reptile store has some hornworms in so I can give her some nice healthy feeders to get her back on her feet.

She lost a LOT of weight btw. I weighed her yesterday and she was 590. She was 679 a month ago :shock: But I guess now we know why she was so chubby! Now she's more "normal" looking but she'll put some of that weight back in over the next few weeks here :)

Here are a few pics! She was not nearly as elaborate was Daeds last year with a big tunnel. She just dug a corner out. Except she forgot to turn around so she was trying to lay eggs with her head in the hole and her butt in the air :roll: I helped her out and turned her around.

Not as many as Daeds but a good run anyway!

Thirsty girl after all that work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom