Sandfire Dragon Ranch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think that's true.... Sandfire dragon ranch is known for taking good care of their animals. They wouldn't have sold them to Petco...or Petsmart.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
I have read multiple threads with people talking about this. I believe the large chain petstores (petsmart/co) do get beardies from sandfire.

kirby

Extreme Poster
pet stores buy from large breeders, eg. sandfire, Dachiu etc. they do seem to buy from low beardie mills and backyard breeders. some breed at the store....

those from sandfire or dachiu are often the plain looking ones, why would a pet store fork out for high coloured animals.

i wouldnt buy live reptiles from a pet store, go to a reputable breeder.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
kirby":27435 said:
Good point. Unless you are trying to "rescue" the animal from the pet store then go to a breeder.

kirby

Extreme Poster
gregorydragon":66b6b said:
kirby":66b6b said:
Good point. Unless you are trying to "rescue" the animal from the pet store then go to a breeder.

even if you rescue, i wouldnt 'pay'... its only supporting the retail of live animals. only give the money to caring breeders. this is how you raise awarness and support 'good' breeders.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
YES,Petco does buy from Sandfire Dragon Ranch.I saw the shipment statement with my own eyes.
I found this out when I went back to Petco to find out where Jojo came from.She was shipped from Sandfire at approximately 4 weeks old.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
puppytoes72":49879 said:
YES,Petco does buy from Sandfire Dragon Ranch.I saw the shipment statement with my own eyes.
I found this out when I went back to Petco to find out where Jojo came from.She was shipped from Sandfire at approximately 4 weeks old.
Did Sandfire ever get back to you? They are always at the White Plains expo ... have you approached them?

Sorry. The other post had 25 pages and I was trying to dig for it in there and gave up.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
ashesc212":4f791 said:
puppytoes72":4f791 said:
Did Sandfire ever get back to you? They are always at the White Plains expo ... have you approached them?

Sorry. The other post had 25 pages and I was trying to dig for it in there and gave up.
Ohhhhh,you are talking about the thread I had started early last year huh? Lol,pretty interesting stuff :lol:
Yes,I finally did speak to Sandfire over the phone.Thank you, I appreciate you asking :D

I think you are thinking of "Sunshine" being at the White Plains Expo. Sandfire Dragon Ranch is in California and that would be quite a haul for them :lol:

Btw,Dont you just LOVE that expo?? :D I could walk around there for HOURS on end!

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I work at a Petco, and yes we do purchase from Sandfire Dragon Ranch. At least up until recently. We started ordering from elsewhere because all of the Sandfire beardies they sent us would die because they sent them WAY too small and with bacterial infections etc. So now our store started ordering from California Zoological.

And there is nothing wrong with a Petco beardie. 2 of the 3 that I have are from Petco. 1 of which I adopted from a customer. But my original from Petco is much sweeter than my other 2. And to me, is just as pretty as my Citrus X Tangerine that I got from a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom